Up Yours 2020

Trommelmonsterbvb

so far 2020 hasnt been too bad to me personally. I have not lost anybody close, everybody is healthy, and I have Always been more on the loner side of Things that dwells more in the online realm.
But the one great Thing that has happened is that my wife has made huge Progress and is crawling out of the Deep Depression she was in for quite some time. She has gotten back into her own Music, she is experimenting with art for the first time and is doing tons of Workout to better herself in just About any aspect one might think of. Physically and spiritually.
I dont think I have to go further into Detail on how that improves a marriage or any relationship for that matter.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
This is a great uplifting thread-just what I need. Really I should be counting my blessings and for the most part I do-but the last 2-3 years has been a roller coaster ride moving twice-last during COVID. I'm really struggling with depression-have been since we moved. My grand daughter, Hannah, is my Lil Ray of Sunshine-just holding her makes me feel like "It's all going to be OK" . I hear a faint song in the background "What's it all about..Arthur!"
What's it all about, Arthur?
Is it just for the moment we live?
What's it all about when you sort it out, Arthur?
Are we meant to take more than we give
Or are we meant to be kind?
And if only fools are kind, Arthur
Then I guess it is wise to be cruel
And if life belongs only to the strong, Arthur
What will you lend on an old golden rule?
As sure as I believe there's a heaven above, Arthur
I know there's something much more,
Something even non-believers can believe in..............
But then my grand daughter says "Hold you" and Happy, Happy, Happy am I and I count my blessings.

Attachments

Last edited:

Icetech

Gold Member
I just always convince myself that things can and will get better...they usually do.
You and i live very different lives my friend.. I'm 50 and can't think of anything that has gotten better since 30.. literally not a single thing. I may just be having a down day though :) But as far as i have learned and expect from the future, nothing gets better, only worse.. but.. soon.. it will be over... 5 more years tops! whoop!

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
You and i live very different lives my friend.. I'm 50 and can't think of anything that has gotten better since 30.. literally not a single thing. I may just be having a down day though :) But as far as i have learned and expect from the future, nothing gets better, only worse.. but.. soon.. it will be over... 5 more years tops! whoop!
I would argue that whatever mindset one keeps, that mindset will manifest itself. Whatever is in your mind on a regular basis will manifest itself. As one thinks, so one's life, follows. My suggestion is to put an end to the nothing gets better thoughts, and replace them with thoughts that help the attitude, not ones that hamstring. All of our lives start between the ears. All of it. Getting the thoughts straight, right out of the gate, is the secret sauce

Last edited:

felonious69

I don't know your circumstances, and I feel for your pains, but things DO GET BETTER.
Not a psychologist or a doctor or a genius. Maybe it's choices, maybe how you look at things...I am not sure.
In my last review at work my boss wrote "I don't believe I have ever worked with someone who is always upbeat". And she knows a lot about S#1+ circumstances I have faced, but I've seen people give up and they are no longer here. I won't.
I'm 55 and been falling apart for the last fifteen years. It sucks, but I'll press on...I hope!

felonious69

I like drums (not very good at it yet) and I like this forum. All this year.
I have never followed anybody online before, so I was gonna try and follow that @Al Strange dude, but apparently, there's a restraining order.
I know gigging is a HUGE problem for folks here and everywhere, but I don't gig and I've always been a fairly isolated person, so that doesn't really get to me either.
Lots of posters have already expressed gratitude for more family time/new family members. That's good (unless you know MY family). More practice time, hobby time, taking up new things, refining neglected skills/learning new ones...whatever...
More tools was mentioned...That's ALWAYS good!

Last edited: