Up Yours 2020

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
^%$# this year. Grandad's on the way out. Nothing they can do, just a waiting game. Could be tomorrow, could be Christmas. Nobody has any idea...
Sorry to hear that Duncan. My thoughts are with your family (sounds like you were close)-I wish I had words that would be meaningful. But I know how devastating a prolonged illness is to all involved. 2020 does suck!!!

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
^%$# this year. Grandad's on the way out. Nothing they can do, just a waiting game. Could be tomorrow, could be Christmas. Nobody has any idea...
I'm sorry to hear this. My grandmother is in the same boat. She has pancreatic cancer and was given 3 months in like April. She is still kicking. We all decided not to tell her. She is a stubborn old bag (in the most loving way), so we figure if we dont tell her, it wont kill her. So far so good. She is too busy being angry at other things to die. However, that day still lingers an all are awaiting with a bit of horror.

My mother had a heart attack around the same time. She is fine and the Drs say there is no blockage or anything, they cant find a cause but insist it was definitely a heart attack, and not the meds they took her off of 3 weeks earlier.

I agree, @#$% 2020.

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
Thank you for the kind words and Polack - I wish you all the best there, too. It's somewhat less-than-fun.

We are quite close, although not geographically. My Grandmother (other side) had a stroke back in August, too - just to add to the fun. So it's all happening down in Devon.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Thank you for the kind words and Polack - I wish you all the best there, too. It's somewhat less-than-fun.

We are quite close, although not geographically. My Grandmother (other side) had a stroke back in August, too - just to add to the fun. So it's all happening down in Devon.
Thats horrible. Like they say, when it rains it pours. Been pretty torrential for everyone lately. Hope you are holding together okay.

I really do wish everyone well. This has been a very strange year.

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
It's been really odd. I've been in my new job a year last week and I've spent more time working from home than I ever did in the office. Feels totally bizarre.