Unknown drummers with a huge talent..

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
Yep, agree about Niek de Bruijn..

Saw him play 2-3 years ago in a small setting for about a 40 people audience..

Very musical and dynamical player he is..

I see that member Groove Inc. (aka former Keepgrooving, no?) is finding lots of talent in my country..

Yoran Vroom is another one regarding that..

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I'll echo Bo's sentiments. You meet some insanely talented players on your musical journey. During your studies is the the best examples and it's always because they think they're gods gift but won't put their ego to one side, it usually involves:

A) Not playing for the song
B) Refusing to play something because it's 'beneath' them

It's a recipe for never getting hired and a lesson they learn the hard way.

The other thing is that you need a massive slice of luck and to be in the right place at the right time. If anyone knows of directions to the right place and could tell me the right time to show up I'd be very grateful!

I firmly believe there's thousands of amazing unknown drummers out there who just keep their heads down and work their backsides off.

Stumbled across these guys on Spotify on the way to a gig the other day. All shit hot players but relatively unknown too!
That’s what you get when Disney puts together a gospel chops band 😉

jimb

A little tribute to a lost brother.
As a bassist back in the 80's we all wanted to use Totos Rosanna but drummers simply could not get it. Met a guy called Andy, always smiling he came to rehearsal and totally nailed it. I remember listening to those ghost notes...it was just like the record, it was effortless for him and years before the internet etc. He even chatted and laughed whilst he was playing it......amazing tight dynamic drummer, sadly died a few years later, grt memories.