Unique sound from lotus gong.

johnwesley

Silver Member
That's one of the most hypnotic sounds ever. Something you could use to open or close a song with, or use during a quiet passage in one of your psychedelic 60s tunes. Or you could just keep it in the backyard and freak the neighbors out chanting strange vowel combinations.

P

Peedy

Will somebody PLEASE tell that guy to give it a good whack!

Ghostin one

I looked at the Grotta Sonora website a little. They make some neat stuff. The gongs are a steel alloy instead of the usual bronze.

One gong is called a "harp gong" - it has harp strings on posts mounted to the gong itself.

Last edited:

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I looked at the Grotto Sonora website a little. They make some neat stuff. The gongs are a steel alloy instead of the usual bronze.

One gong is called a "harp gong" - it has harp strings on posts mounted to the gong itself.
They got that sound from steel? Wow. That lotus gong sounds amazing

Ghostin one

I just learned that Paiste gongs aren't bronze, either. They use "nickel silver", a.k.a. NS12 – 88% copper, 12% nickel.

Griffin

I want one so bad. If needed I will get my band to write a song based around that sound haha. It is incredible, and absolutely mesmerising. I could watch that for days.