Jan Hammer-Jeff Beck "Wired"
Bill Berg-Wayne Johnson, Flim & The BBs
Charlie Persip "Gretsch Drum Night At Birdland"
Tony Smith-Jan Hammer Group "Oh, Yeah?"
Billy Brooks-Larry Young "In Paris"
Patrice Heral-Stockhausen / Andersen / Heral / Rypdal "Karta"
Mark Walker-Oregon
David Logeman-Frank Zappa "You Are What You Is"

There's another thread on here that has kind of devolved into the subject of what constitutes "good" drumming, and that immature drummers tend to screw things up by over-playing, adding unnecessary fills, and that kind of thing. Out of that discussion, one of the names that popped up as a drummer who played great time without adding a bunch of superfluous nonsense is Roger Hawkins.

Roger who? I'd go out on a limb and say that many people have no idea who he is or what he drummed on, but he is, IMO, one of the great unsung drummers of the 20th Century. He was part of the Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section, known as the Swampers, and played on such hits as:

Old Time Rock & Roll - Bob Seger
I'll Take You There - The Staples Singers
Chain of Fools - Aretha Franklin
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Land of 1000 Dances - Wilson Pickett
When a Man Loves a Woman - Percy Sledge

This is of course not by far an inclusive list, but it illustrates that Roger Hawkins is one of those drummers who isn't well known, even though his session catalog is well known.

There are a lot of other less-known drummers out there too - Hal Blaine is probably one of the most obvious ones most of us know, but who isn't really known of outside of musician's circles.

Who are some other drummers who come to mind - guys like country legend Lonnie Wilson, John "JR" Robinson, or Russ Kunkle - guys who have worked with just about everyone. List some of your favorite unsung drummers and some of what they've played on. I'd love to dig in to some more of that.

Bob Siebenberg of Supertramp.

Jeep MacNichol

Played with the band 'The Samples'. (a contemporary of Dave Matthews Band emergence)

Not aware of much he did after 'The Samples' as last I heard he was off the set and playing front man.

Their most notable could be said as the song 'Weight of the World'.

An imaginative style that keeps the songs together while still having something to say that is relevant to the song.

Instead of watching a feature film, this interview with Pat Metheny is worthwhile IMO.

@ 23:35 Pat starts talking about Bob Moses.

@ 24:24 his remarks might surprise a guitarist or two (He’s talking about Danny Gottlieb):

Back