Uncle Larry needs you...

wsabol

Gold Member
How about Dr. Larry

Its simple with the perception that Larry is a professor like truth seeker, one who pushes the envelope....

Or Larry, Ph.D., B.A.

Ph.D. and B.A. standing for Phenomenal Drummer, and BadAss (or Blues Ambassador)...

Blues Ambassador is pretty good on its own

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Right!!!

We've got many entries after just 24 hours, and many "title" suggestions, but the initial suggestion was indeed "Uncle Larry", which I believe suits him well... and we are all his nephews and nieces, lol. yeah it's a big family, haha...

Well here are the score so far: ...those who did not mention any "new" names, their vote was counted as "Uncle Larry"

In numerical order...

Old Slowhand (1)
Offensive Larry (1)
The Lobster, King of Drummerdorf (1)
Leisure Suit Larry (1)
Uncle Bluesman (1)
Uncle Larry The GodLobster (1)
Uncle Larry King of Larrylandia (1)
Muddy Larry (1)
The Blues Man (1)
The Blues Brother (1)
Blues Man (1)
Blues Brother (1)
Mr. Blues (1)
The Professor (1)
Dr Larry (1)
Dr Larry Ph.D B.A.(1)

Uncle Larry The Lobster (2)
The Godfather (2)
Offensive Larry, The Goldlobster (2)

Bluesmeister (3)

Uncle Larry (25)

It looks like it's gonna be "Uncle Larry" :) ... would this title be alright for you Uncle Larry?

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Gosh I hate to be unappreciative, but Uncle Larry, while well intentioned, but like Mary concurs, as a permanent title that I have to live with....sounds creepy. I really like Bon's The Seeker. It's inspiring. And I do seek. Or Village Idiot, because I can be an idiot. It's funny, and there's no place to go from there but up lol. But I like Seeker the best.

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
Gosh I hate to be unappreciative, but Uncle Larry, while well intentioned, but like Mary concurs, as a permanent title that I have to live with....sounds creepy. I really like Bon's The Seeker. It's inspiring. And I do seek. Or Village Idiot, because I can be an idiot. It's funny, and there's no place to go from there but up lol. But I like Seeker the best.
If you're going to be "The Seeker", mine would have to be "The Seeked". :p

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
If you're going to be "The Seeker", mine would have to be "The Seeked". :p
Or the Seek-ee. I do seek you you SOAB lol. One day I will pull off your mask and expose you to the world, a 3 foot tall pygmy woman named Phil.

I'm surprised you do reveal your actual hometown. I'm gonna put a deal that's too good to pass up in the Portland CL, have you call me, and unknowingly reveal your real name to me, and then I will have the leverage necessary to blackmail you into revealing yourself personally, before I get to it. I do know you are a white man, I thought I caught a glimpse of your thumb in a gear shot. Unless you use stunt thumbs lol.

Just another one of my bucket list items. Reveal Caddy's true identity.

A

Anthony Amodeo

I'm going to give my opinion and my opinion only....and then I will duck out of this thread

I think this whole idea has lost it's way

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
I think this whole idea has lost it's way
I know what you're saying Anthony, but some of these title suggestions do define Larry's personality...

...and you said this at the beginning of this thread, which is your thread in a way :)

if anyone around here deserves a title it's my forum uncle Larry
So if you agree that Larry does deserve a title, and that Larry's favorite title suggestion is "The Seeker", then it's fine, no? He has to carry the title, might as well be something he can identify himself with, no?

I think "The Seeker" suits him, but that's only my opinion...and then I will duck out of this thread :)

Yeah Larry, seek and you will find...

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Larry, 'Village Idiot' is already taken. He's banned at the moment (looks like a permanent IP Ban) but the title should be reserved for when he eventually makes himself known. Can you imagine the reaction if that were just put on there without his knowledge? Maybe I'm just evil.

If we're going with 'Uncle Larry', we could just go all-in and call him 'The Child Catcher'.

A

Anthony Amodeo

no matter what it says under his screen name he will always be uncle Larry to me

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Are the negative associations around "Uncle Larry" due to "Uncle Ernie" or are we talking about a phenotype on which Uncle Ernie has been based? Traditionally, unmarried uncles were thought of as "confirmed bachelors". That more usually meant a proclivity for peers rather than carrying around bags of lollies.

Whatever, it could be cleared up with a disclaimer ...

"Uncle Larry (Happily Married)"

Andy the Piker said:
Really, I'm happy in my shell :) Anyhow, you've got more posts in than me, so how about something for you ;)
Andy, you're almost as bad a piker as the old cow who refused to keep posting to avoid a 5-figure count. "Platinum Member" just makes you sound like an upgraded version of Austin Powers's nemesis.

I already have the title of my choice. I think 'Renegade" nicely suits my sinister cockroach head :)

TTNW

Pioneer Member
Wouldn't it be ironically funny if Bernhard chimed in with a "No, won't do it"

sorry, just a little jealous ;-)

I vote for The Seeker

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Since so many want Uncle Larry, and I did say I would go with the popular vote, I'll concede. I just want a title.

And if I'm up for a title, I think Andy deserves one too. I vote for the one word title for him, Guru. That would be fitting. Renegade fits Anon perfectly, love that for her.

Who decides this stuff? I'm not above monetary bribes, just for the record.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldn't it be ironically funny if Bernhard chimed in with a "No, won't do it"

sorry, just a little jealous ;-)

I vote for The Seeker
I think "Pioneer member" is pretty cool as it is! :)

And if I'm up for a title, I think Andy deserves one too.
Not required Larry :)

Andy, you're almost as bad a piker as the old cow who refused to keep posting to avoid a 5-figure count. "Platinum Member" just makes you sound like an upgraded version of Austin Powers's nemesis.
Lol! Upgraded suits me just fine :)

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Since so many want Uncle Larry, and I did say I would go with the popular vote, I'll concede. I just want a title.

And if I'm up for a title, I think Andy deserves one too. I vote for the one word title for him, Guru. That would be fitting. Renegade fits Anon perfectly, love that for her.

Who decides this stuff? I'm not above monetary bribes, just for the record.
Lar, as far as I know it started with the usual standard kinds of titles that let people know they weren't just talking to another shmuck - DW Founder, Pioneer Member, DW Moderator, DW Pro Drummer etc, and then the usual post-count grades - solver, gold, platinum.

Then came The Mayor. By 10k posts you start becoming part of the forum's furniture, which of course GD is. When I approached 10k, I was offered a title.

For a day or two I was "Drummerworld's First Lady" but that was too grand for me and Bernhard kindly offered me a choice - hence "Renegade". I'm sure if my mother was alive she would approve - she was even crazier than I am lol

So, Uncle Larry (Happily Married), I think you'll have to get to 10k. Jon's already (understandably) said that he won't be changing names on a whim. 10,000 hours, 10,000 posts ... the benchmark is there. We all must pay our dues ... even those with your Yodo-like qualities who is indisputably part of the forum's "furniture".

Andy is the real renegade, bucking tradition of titling in order to maintain his everyman image :) If he was offered a Queen's honour he'd knock it back like Keef, David Bowie and Nigella Lawson, I guess in the same way I couldn't live with being "First Lady".

My guess is he won't go for "Guru" because newbs might mistake him for a drumming guru. If his drum brand was less grandiose sounding, like say "Turd" or "Trouser Snake", I reckon he'd be in there with boots on ... correct me if I'm wrong, Andy :)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Lol Grea. This place really isn't the same without you. Although we do have Mary and Daisy now. You were the lone dominant female for a few years here. I agree that no title should be awarded to a less than 10,000 post count member. Except Henri apparently. Envious!

But yea, 10,000. It's like graduation.
You were offered a title. Hmm. I haven't got any offers yet. Bernhard very well may not want me titled, I can be a vulgar dinner guest at times. Trouser snake. Lol.