Ultimate Ludwig USA Drum Set Shootout - Video

Did you do a back to back comparison like this one, for DW? If so, my apologies, I guessed I missed that one. Off to youtube I go!

The DW one I saw wasn't as well done as this Ludwig one. The one I saw was comparing all the collectors shells and I think they used all the stock heads on that one, so the heads weren't the same drum to drum like in this Ludwig one. I don't know if they have other ones I missed or not.

Honestly I thought this one was top notch. In addition to what I mentioned earlier, I also liked the little commentary about the drums as well. Not too much, but just enough to get some honest reactions. It was also good to see different styles of players as well. Very well done.

Thanks. The Club Dates surprised us, too!

The Club Dates were awesome! Classic and Legacy maples are great too. I thought that I’d like the Legacy Mahogany best, but turns out I was wrong.

As others said, I really liked this video, very well made and thought out.

That's a great video, really enjoyed it from start to finish.

For me, loved the Legacy Maple & Legacy Mahogany the most.

Thanks for posting.

Club Dates are definitely cool. Up there with the Legacy Maples, IMO. Got a chance to bang on a few at NAMM and felt the same way in person. Just wish they didn't have those damn Imperial lugs on them. Oh well...

EDIT: Just realized they don't offer a 26" in the Club Dates. Guess I'll have to scratch them from my list :(

Thanks for doing this video! My order of preference is as follows:

Classic Maple, Legacy Maple, Legacy Mahogany, Club Date and Keystone X.

I have been thinking about getting a Ludwig kit over the last year or so and this video really helped me pinpoint what I'm looking for. Classic Maple wins the day.

Back