Ugly or not?

I like solid black and I like sparkle wraps, but I'm not a fan of mixing the two. However, I think that particular finish would really pop under stage lights. Regarding your question about nostalgia, one classic finish that many rave about that I think is hideous is Top Hat and Cane.

It's better than plain black, that's just me. But, the "flecks" look like actual paper confetti. I don't think I really dig that. Just a regular black sparkle? I guess would look better. I don't really find it ugly and in need of being turned into firewood though :rolleyes:

Wasn't this an old Rogers finish? The Rogers version was much more colorful.

Check this out, 1962 Rogers Swing Time:

Pooping on anything Mardi Gras-seems a bunch of party poopers. I hate to do this but I evoke GruntersDad's hammer power to establish the Mardi Gras finish as "fantastic" in DW lore (let it be written let it be done-lightening bolts and sparks fly-lots of smoke now settling) -so now a fact with impunity and any opinions to the contrary are forbidden and just silly-cause it's fantastic now. Seems a good compromise-I didn't pick "beautiful" just "fantastic" which you can be ugly and be fantastic. Simple solution problem solved-I should be a politician LOL.

I like solid black and I like sparkle wraps, but I'm not a fan of mixing the two. However, I think that particular finish would really pop under stage lights. Regarding your question about nostalgia, one classic finish that many rave about that I think is hideous is Top Hat and Cane.
The Top Hat and Cane wrap IS hideous though, lol. 2 right hands? C'mon Ludwig!

The only saving grace is that the graphics are over WMP.

It reminds me of dark, awful smelling, beer and cigarette stained linoleum floor tile, after a wild NYE party.

The confetti is stuck to the stale, dried beer.

1577080571356.jpeg

It’s basically a plain black with a few coloured flecks, it’s nice, and it must shine on stage. I prefer the twilight sparkle black Gretsch that Bo Eder had at a time though.
If some of you judge the Mardi Gras plain ugly, I wonder which adjective must be used for something like that! >
1577080372031.png
pen_WBS42S_LLO_01.png

Last edited:
I like it a lot. Maybe not my first choice but I would proudly play it. Not as well as Steve though.

View attachment 89132

It’s basically a plain black with a few coloured flecks, it’s nice, and it must shine on stage. I prefer the twilight sparkle black Gretsch that Bo Eder had at a time though.
If some of you judge the Mardi Gras plain ugly, I wonder which adjective must be used for something like that! >
View attachment 89131
pen_WBS42S_LLO_01.png
Hm, dislike the red one, kinda like the blue one. The red one kinda looks like a murder scene, blood on white walls. :oops:

The red one could be called the Jack the Ripper wrap.

Hmm. At first glance I thought it was like Mapex’s long discontinued Laser Black Sparkle which I think looks amazing under lights. Then I realised that this is black with coloured flecks as opposed to reflective particles. Possible not my cup of tea, but I’m not ruling it out totally, I’d need to see it in the flesh.

I really like it. Peace and goodwill.

Back