Ugly or not?

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Most people won't notice or care about the things we think about-like selling a home I've discovered my concerns and issues with my house were never the buyers-they'd see other stuff that needed attention. People mostly just hear the drummer-but we can delight in our own taste though. Most of the posters on DW are butt ugly but seems we've all managed relationships so I wouldn't be casting stones at ugly drums ROFL-flame suit on.

charliedrummer

I like solid black and I like sparkle wraps, but I'm not a fan of mixing the two. However, I think that particular finish would really pop under stage lights. Regarding your question about nostalgia, one classic finish that many rave about that I think is hideous is Top Hat and Cane.

Old Dog new Cans

It's better than plain black, that's just me. But, the "flecks" look like actual paper confetti. I don't think I really dig that. Just a regular black sparkle? I guess would look better. I don't really find it ugly and in need of being turned into firewood though :rolleyes:

Ghostin one

Wasn't this an old Rogers finish? The Rogers version was much more colorful.

Check this out, 1962 Rogers Swing Time:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Pooping on anything Mardi Gras-seems a bunch of party poopers. I hate to do this but I evoke GruntersDad's hammer power to establish the Mardi Gras finish as "fantastic" in DW lore (let it be written let it be done-lightening bolts and sparks fly-lots of smoke now settling) -so now a fact with impunity and any opinions to the contrary are forbidden and just silly-cause it's fantastic now. Seems a good compromise-I didn't pick "beautiful" just "fantastic" which you can be ugly and be fantastic. Simple solution problem solved-I should be a politician LOL.

IBitePrettyHard

I like solid black and I like sparkle wraps, but I'm not a fan of mixing the two. However, I think that particular finish would really pop under stage lights. Regarding your question about nostalgia, one classic finish that many rave about that I think is hideous is Top Hat and Cane.
The Top Hat and Cane wrap IS hideous though, lol. 2 right hands? C'mon Ludwig!

The only saving grace is that the graphics are over WMP.

wildbill

Platinum Member
Wasn't this an old Rogers finish? The Rogers version was much more colorful.

Check this out, 1962 Rogers Swing Time:......
That one's got some real big flakes:

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
It reminds me of dark, awful smelling, beer and cigarette stained linoleum floor tile, after a wild NYE party.

The confetti is stuck to the stale, dried beer.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
It reminds me of dark, awful smelling, beer and cigarette stained linoleum floor tile, after a wild NYE party.

The confetti is stuck to the stale, dried beer.
But other than that, you quite like it ;)

Tamaefx

Silver Member
1577080571356.jpeg

It’s basically a plain black with a few coloured flecks, it’s nice, and it must shine on stage. I prefer the twilight sparkle black Gretsch that Bo Eder had at a time though.
If some of you judge the Mardi Gras plain ugly, I wonder which adjective must be used for something like that! >
1577080372031.png

Last edited:

timmdrum

Silver Member
View attachment 89132

It’s basically a plain black with a few coloured flecks, it’s nice, and it must shine on stage. I prefer the twilight sparkle black Gretsch that Bo Eder had at a time though.
If some of you judge the Mardi Gras plain ugly, I wonder which adjective must be used for something like that! >
View attachment 89131
Hm, dislike the red one, kinda like the blue one. The red one kinda looks like a murder scene, blood on white walls. :oops: