twitch drummers

jaykaydrums

Silver Member
anyone follow any drummers on the streaming site twitch? theres some good ones on there.

the ones i follow are:

gene hoglan
jason bittner
dan stone
matt scurfield
pete webber
blake richardson
alex bent
jay postones

and theres a load of good musicians who stream on there as well, worth checking out if you havent :)

Last edited:
Closest I've come to this is watching 66Samus on Youtube after the stream (didn't know Gene was on there though)!
I followed Samus for a good long time on Twitch. His raids of fellow drummers (and some unsuspecting non-metal musicians) was internet gold.
Gene knows him really well & he'd raid him pretty frequently. I became a Hoglan fan because of said raids.

Social media toxicity & outright ignoring of the "little guy subscribers" had me hop off that train. I'm all for those doing their thing & putting themselves out there, but when you forget who you were before making it big (and those who helped you get there), you've become a diva not worthy of my attention or support.

I followed Samus for a good long time on Twitch. His raids of fellow drummers (and some unsuspecting non-metal musicians) was internet gold.
Gene knows him really well & he'd raid him pretty frequently. I became a Hoglan fan because of said raids.
I just happened to see that raid thing where some guy was complaining about the massive increase in views he was suddenly getting from Samus. Like, WTF, sorry for helping you out??

I'll have to check it out-but that thread title I was expecting "twitch drummers" were some new genre or method of drumming. Twitching-there is rebound, sliding, swiveling, so "twitching" yeah I can see that.

I just happened to see that raid thing where some guy was complaining about the massive increase in views he was suddenly getting from Samus. Like, WTF, sorry for helping you out??
yeah one raid from samus went wrong, the person he raided started calling samus and his fans/viewers all kinda nasty names and the guys mod(s) started banning everyone as much as they could jsut because they didnt like the raid (and when samus' fans started sticking up for themselves and samus himself cause they were being called dickheads and all kinds of vulgar names)

yeah one raid from samus went wrong, the person he raided started calling samus and his fans/viewers all kinda nasty names and the guys mod(s) started banning everyone as much as they could jsut because they didnt like the raid (and when samus' fans started sticking up for themselves and samus himself cause they were being called dickheads and all kinds of vulgar names)

He did a whole video on this incident. Quite the issue for what really amounted to nothing. The "offended" viewer didn't really have a case, he just seemed to want to spew his hate on Sam & his followers.

I still follow him on YouTube, but I just don't have the time to invest on the Twitch streams.

Back