TV shows or movies that didn't hold up through the test of time for you.

Pretty much all of the old Bonds: those are films I've watched with my father at a time when entertainment, and leisure time with my father were limited. So I have some deep deep rooted attachment for them. But upon rewatching some with my daughter... Wow! we cringe-laughed pretty hard at some sequences... She couldn't believe that some of the things Bond does and says were just socially accepted behavior on mainstream entertainment.

The original Star Trek series too is pretty crap-tastic. Very badly choreographed fights, paper-maché props and cardboard sets, absolutely over the top acting, make up so thick it looks like Poly-filla. The true gem in that show is the music though. It feels as if all the budget went to pay the composer/arranger, the studio and the orchestra and then they tried to cobbble a show together with the crumbs left over.... I still watched the 3 seasons and had fun.

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
Alf. I tried watching this again like a year ago. Just horrible.

Not a fan of shows like All in the Family or The Jeffersons. Trying to shove ignorance to the forefront in order to prove a point makes me cringe.

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
The first like 8 seasons were really good
My wife and I tried watching the X-Files again a few years ago and couldnt do it. It just felt really slow and uninteresting.

I loved the show when it was on tv and watched the entire series on VHS like 20 years ago. The movie was cool too. I'm not sure what happened.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
My wife and I tried watching the X-Files again a few years ago and couldnt do it. It just felt really slow and uninteresting.

I loved the show when it was on tv and watched the entire series on VHS like 20 years ago. The movie was cool too. I'm not sure what happened.

Hmm. Might have to try again, I really enjoyed the first 8 or 9 seasons when I watched them on DVD in 2009

bud7h4

Silver Member
As much as I love the movie (my favorite) , the “rape” scene in Blade Runner didn’t held up well.

Also the very rapy and sexist older James Bond is terrible to watch now we learned so much more about consent.

Even if it is in movies.

"Learned so much" about consent? All we did was completely redefine words like "rape" to the point that it's an injustice to actual rape victims. Just like publicly disagreeing with someone is now "violence".
Frankly most women find that James Bond type of thing sexier than men do. Being "reluctant" then giving in.
And you have to consider, women and men had roles back then. Women played hard to get. Asking if you can kiss her was considered pathetic (by women). And the Bond character didn't "force" himself on women who didn't want him to do precisely that.

A show that didn't stand the test of time for me was Married with Children. Absolutely hilarious when I was 20, I guess because it was so outrageous at the time. But my taste in comedy has changed. I don't like to see the punchline coming a mile away. Still love the Al Bundy character, just not the show's writing so much.

Last edited:

TheDrummerFromAmsterdam

Platinum Member
"Learned so much" about consent? All we did was completely redefine words like "rape" to the point that it's an injustice to actual rape victims. Just like publicly disagreeing with someone is now "violence".
Frankly most women find that James Bond type of thing sexier than men do. Being "reluctant" then giving in.
And you have to consider, women and men had roles back then. Women played hard to get. Asking if you can kiss her was considered pathetic (by women). And the Bond character didn't "force" himself on women who didn't want him to do precisely that.

How to say you are old skool alpha, without saying you are old skool alpha.

These are evolved times now, and the old ways are (luckily) mostly done.

No is no, its not playing hard to get (the f is that way of thinking anyway) and no self respected women will think that is sexy (what a f joke).

If you still think that, you better stay inside because the world indeed has matured.

Last edited:

bud7h4

Silver Member
How to say you are old skool alpha, without saying you are old skool alpha.

These are evolved times now, and the old ways are (luckily) mostly done.

No is no, its not playing hard to get (the f is that way of thinking anyway) and no self respected women will think that is sexy (what a f joke).

If you still think that, you better stay inside because the world indeed has matured.

Nobody is advocating unwanted advances. But that's not what these movies depict, my beta friend.

And as for your emotional distress over the Blade Runner "rape" scene, the actress Sean Young explained "as a replicant she doesn't have any love or sexual experience to draw from, so she was running out because it does not compute and she was confused and fearful. Deckard was forcing her to confront her own sexuality as a human being."

It's a very romantic scene. Get a clue, and take off the woke blinders before going outside. 😋

TheDrummerFromAmsterdam

Platinum Member
Nobody is advocating unwanted advances. But that's not what these movies depict, my beta friend.

And as for your emotional distress over the Blade Runner "rape" scene, the actress Sean Young explained "as a replicant she doesn't have any love or sexual experience to draw from, so she was running out because it does not compute and she was confused and fearful. Deckard was forcing her to confront her own sexuality as a human being."

It's a very romantic scene. Get a clue, and take off the woke blinders before going outside. 😋
You prove my point even more.

Im glad there are less and less of you guys walking around this earth.