TV shows or movies that didn't hold up through the test of time for you.

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
I'm at the age (35) where a lot of things that hasn't aged well now were also not aged well when I was a teenager. Bad 80s Sitcoms were still bad in the early 2000's, just like they're bad now. The only changes from when I was younger were the things that were big when I was a kid/teenager that may have aged poorly. American Pie was *the* teen comedy of my formative years, and even though I haven't seen it since high school, I can think of quite a few scenes in there that wouldn't fly, barely 20 years later.
I'm 34, so much the same really. American Pie has aged badly. Really, really badly. I tried watching one of them the other day and could barely manage five minutes.

Juniper

Gold Member
Another one

The He-Man live action film staring Dolf Lundren. For some reason I got this film mixed up with Suburban Comando, which stars Hulk Hogan.

Was excited to watch He Man upon finding it on Netflix or Amazon Video a while back, spent days looking forward to revisiting my childhood to find out that the plot is completely different to how I remember it in the 1980's, to then eventually realise where I went wrong after sitting watching it VERY confused.

Still not seen Suburban Comando. I feel that it's going to be awful too.

Juniper

Gold Member
Of course.

@Juniper It's fine because you see Atreyu and the horse at the end anyway during the flight montage!

We may have a dog toy that I call 'Falkor'. My other half has never understood why. But it genuinely looks like him...

Ah right, I may need to give it another chance in the future. I may have missed that scene in the 1980's from all the tears in my eyes.

Just for you mate…

Actually nope, Al has ruined it.

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
This all takes me right back to being a pre-school kid when my Dad couldn't get childcare. He was a doctor and there was a meeting room upstairs with a big TV at his surgery. He'd grab some VHS tapes and sit me down there with a film.

And that is why I love 'Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines'. That was one that always came with us.

Looking back, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is a LONG film.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
My daughter thinks James Bond is an evil womanizer. Hates him with a passion.

Three’s Conpany is awful. The worst of that era.

I remember seeing an 80's SNL skit where James Bond went to the doctor, and he the doctor was like, "Mr. Bond, you have 58 sexually transmitted diseases, 42 of which we've not identified yet."

I think Three's Company had the most coke-fueled opening guitar rift in their theme song. I can just see him ripping a rail and stomping that wah-wah as the drummer counted them off.

Yamaha Rider

Gold Member
I feel like I'm the only person in the world who absolutely loved Avatar. Its not a top 20 film for me, but it was one of the greatest theatrical experiences of my life, and that to me counts for a whole lot. And as far as "its Pocahontas in space!", well.....Avatar is clearly better than both Pocahontas and Dances with Wolves. So I'm fine with that.

(I mean, Star Wars is "Hidden Fortress" in space, but the reason why people don't complain about that is because it was an improvement....which is tough to say about a Kurosawa film)

I'm at the age (35) where a lot of things that hasn't aged well now were also not aged well when I was a teenager. Bad 80s Sitcoms were still bad in the early 2000's, just like they're bad now. The only changes from when I was younger were the things that were big when I was a kid/teenager that may have aged poorly. American Pie was *the* teen comedy of my formative years, and even though I haven't seen it since high school, I can think of quite a few scenes in there that wouldn't fly, barely 20 years later.
Such as?