TRX cymbals - "young newcomers"?

zambizzi

Platinum Member
A couple months back there was a nice review of TRX cymbals in MD mag...specifically the DRK (dark) line...man...they're *beautiful*!

http://www.trxcymbals.com/drkseries.htm

Anyone out there using them? How do they sound? How's the quality?

I'm thinking about buying all new cymbals in a few months and I want to go w/ all (or mostly) dark sounds. Naturally I looked at the Zildjian K darks...I've played them and like them a lot...great, great sound for jazz & rock (mostly what I play.)

Anyhow...I'm seduced by the look of those TRX cymbals! Don't know why...they're just sexy...and the reviews were positive...let me know what y'all think!

Mhhh, from what I`ve seen and heard they are really cool and if you like them....take them, doesn`t matter if there is a K on the cymbal or TRX. All a personal preference.

but before buying these, try them live in a store!

have fun,

Karl

Last edited:
I read a review from DRUM! on TRX cymbals. He said they were decent but were manufactured unwell, edges were rough, and even a bit of keyholing

Judging from that I wouldent buy them. Il stick with Zildjian and Paiste

I read a review from DRUM! on TRX cymbals. He said they were decent but were manufactured unwell, edges were rough, and even a bit of keyholing

Judging from that I wouldent buy them. Il stick with Zildjian and Paiste

Hmm...that's too bad, the Modern Drummer review was fairly flattering. I've never seen them carried in any local music stores so I doubt I'll get a chance to try them out.

I'm not particularly fond of Paiste but I love Zildjians...I may just buy K darks & A customs this time around.

Hmm...that's too bad, the Modern Drummer review was fairly flattering. I've never seen them carried in any local music stores so I doubt I'll get a chance to try them out.

I'm not particularly fond of Paiste but I love Zildjians...I may just buy K darks & A customs this time around.

nice. i just bought a K dark 18" medium thin. its amazing and blends with my A's and A customs!

Keyholing is the natural wear the hole in the center of the cymbal can get over time. The hole widens and starts to look like a keyhole.

I've personally never had this happen but I suppose if you hammer on them hard enough and long enough...it could.

oh... thats weird.. my splashes are cracking in the center.. was wondering if thats wat it was.

A couple months back there was a nice review of TRX cymbals in MD mag...specifically the DRK (dark) line...man...they're *beautiful*!

I'm thinking about buying all new cymbals in a few months and I want to go w/ all (or mostly) dark sounds. Naturally I looked at the Zildjian K darks...I've played them and like them a lot...great, great sound for jazz & rock (mostly what I play.)

Anyhow...I'm seduced by the look of those TRX cymbals! Don't know why...they're just sexy...and the reviews were positive...let me know what y'all think!

Here is the review in PDF :)

Attachments

• TRX_MDReview.pdf
    458.6 KB · Views: 1,460
Hi,
I have been using a mixture of TRX dark's and medium's for a few month's now.Wanted to use something else than the norm, have to say these cymbal's are great,had no problems with quality of construction.Check them out,i don't think you will be dissapointed.

These are absolutely excellent cymbals. Very well made and loud!

I play the LTD series. 14" hats, 18" crash ride, 20" crash ride.

Easily some of the best cymbals I've ever played.
They are true authentic Turkish cymbals. Nothing to sneeze at.

In fact every club I've played says they are super loud and find no need to mic them. haha
They barely have to mic either my drum kit or cymbals being that both are very well sound projected products. Good sign. I'd stick with TRX as long as you love their sound.

And they have my stamp of approval!

I never heard anything about TRX cymbals until I was in a musicstore in Sweden when I get in loved with a dark 20 inch ride. It´s a really amazing cymbal and it´s sounds as it costs a least double the price. I think a bought like 250 us dollar. It´s really nice price:)
I also bought hihat 14" and 17,18" crash, medium series, also great cymbals, I really recommend this brand.

Hi!

I recently got the TRX cymbals. As you said, they do look sexy and more importantly they sound sexy to :)
There are no signs of any kind of bad manufacturing...

Here's how they sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhDJu0nRRRE

Regards,
Enos

Back