Trouble mounting a 12" Wuhan china on a cymbal stacking arm - need ideas

InATexasStateOfMind

Hi everyone,

I just got a 12" Wuhan china that I'd like to use as the bottom cymbal on a cymbal stacker arm that I have. The problem is that it doesn't sit flat because there isn't a threading for a wing nut. There is only the textured metal part.

Looking for any good ideas to get this thing to sit flat so it is both playable and doesn't look stupid.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• cymbalstacker2.gif
    cymbalstacker2.gif
    142.3 KB · Views: 12
  • cymbalstacker1.gif
    cymbalstacker1.gif
    118.8 KB · Views: 12

DrumDoug

It would probably sit flat when you put the other cymbal on top. Also try a larger washer and felt on the bottom. As for tightening it down, you could try a felt, washer, and some kind of memory lock. A cheap hose clamp would work to see if you like it. If it works out you could find a real drumming memory lock that uses a drum key.

InATexasStateOfMind

It would probably sit flat when you put the other cymbal on top. Also try a larger washer and felt on the bottom. As for tightening it down, you could try a felt, washer, and some kind of memory lock. A cheap hose clamp would work to see if you like it. If it works out you could find a real drumming memory lock that uses a drum key.

Thanks! I found a similar thread on another forum. One guy said he just dropped 4 felts inside of the bell and it worked just fine. I'll give that a shot as a first pass.

InATexasStateOfMind

Closing the loop on this one. I ordered up some PDP cymbal felts that are wider than most. Just one of those felts sits nicely inside the bell, holding the cymbal perpendicular to the shaft the way it should be. Thanks all for chiming in!