trouble finding exact info on this snare..

rstix

I just bought this snare on sunday for $125. I have been doing some snooping around online to find specs about this one but I'm not 100% sure if they are right because I'm not sure what year this is from.

It's a Mapex saturn pro series

serial no 508796 made in china.

I found this specs online that said:

Specs for Saturn Pro:
Thin 5.1 mm 6 ply Maple / Walnut shells with lacquer finish

Again, I'm not the best at hunting down exactly when these things were made and what kind of wood but I know yall are so I would appreciate the help :D I do know that they don't make this color anymore but that's about it.

Rstix

bigiainw

Gold Member
Yup, maple walnut, you can see the change in the colour of the wood in the shell. Nice drum and at a good price too. Saturn Pro preceded the Saturn in the line up, which has just been replaced with the Saturn IV. I would say this probably dates from the early 1990's.

rstix

Yup, maple walnut, you can see the change in the colour of the wood in the shell. Nice drum and at a good price too. Saturn Pro preceded the Saturn in the line up, which has just been replaced with the Saturn IV. I would say this probably dates from the early 1990's.
Awesome! Well I'm glad I didn't get ripped off - I was badly in need of a new snare! Now to find the mr. Right heads for this guy