Trigger tape Trouble,help!!!!

Bonefrost

My pulse triggers wont stay stuck.I've used everything from doubled sided thin foam tape,to just double sided tape.
Have clears on all but snares,Evens dry on those.

Even when I've got them to stick pretty good,they are always hanging off the next day.

I'd also try maybe using an alcohol wipe or something of the like to clean the spot on the head you are going to mount the trigger. Could be oil from your fingers or just dirt causing them not to stick.

I cant get them to stick.I got this automotive double sided thin foam tape that is super sticky and strong,but same thing,after a couple days the triggers fall off.
I have 5 Pulse triggers that dont want to stick.3 Drum Dial(?) triggers that stick great.

The tape sticks hard to the head,just not the trigger????

I now have coated Emporers on all batters except my snares(Evans dry).

And really I'm going to be just triggering the kick and floor toms.

Looks like Glue Gun is next.

Glue gun is a mess and waste of time for this. Have you tried cleaning the surface the adhesive goes on the trigger with rubbing alcohol? I can't help but think that there is some oil from your fingers or something that needs to be wiped off that's keeping it from staying adhered to the adhesive

Last edited:
The tape you want is 3M VHB. This is what holds cell phones and laptops together making them "unrepairable".

As mentioned, cleanliness is the adjunct of stickiness.

Back