Trigger Pulled: Black Beauty ordered...

JohnnySomersett

Well, tonight I ordered my first ever Ludwig Black Beauty snare...

LUDWIG+BLACK+BEAUTY+LB416.JPG

14 x 5

It's a B-stock so it's got a green/olive badge (small scratch on shell I think) and I scored it for $385 brand new. I think I got a deal... they're £700+ over here in the UK (thats $1100)!!!

VERY, very excited :D

Congrats. $1,100 in the UK? That's just insane. C'mon. I guess that's the black (beauty) market prices for you, eh?

I don't really need a BB but if some spare change appears, that's the one I'll but. Great deal, beautiful drum.

Congrats. $1,100 in the UK? That's just insane. C'mon. I guess that's the black (beauty) market prices for you, eh?

No joke

http://www.drum-stop.co.uk/p186/Ludwig-Black-Beauty-LB416T-14-X-5-Snare-Drum/product_info.html

That's $1158!!! Ludwig stuff is so damn expensive over here :( Still, at what is the equivalent of £300 our money, I can smack that sucker so she sings without any guilt.

I've never invested in a top-end snare my whole life, but the BB is a freakin' legend and I've never heard a bad one so dammit, I can afford it now so I'll have it!

Now, coated Ambassador or Emperor for the top of these???

That's $1158!!! Ludwig stuff is so damn expensive over here :( Still, at what is the equivalent of £300 our money, I can smack that sucker so she sings without any guilt.

Just be prepared for the taxman to hand you a bill for up to £100 once it arrives in the UK...

Congrats! I just got mine and their legendary status was apparat as soon as I began playing it. Phenomenal piece. Oh, and I use a coated emp.

Back