Tried a head, didn't like it, basically brand new, what to do?

KamaK

Platinum Member
I don't keep an abundance of drums around to necessitate a stock of heads, and I havent had luck selling them on CL or Reverb because they are considered "used" heads. Any ideas?
Sometimes, you just gotta eat crow.

What I do is wait for the kid with the cheap poplar kit with 8-year-old dented/derelict factory heads, and just give them to him.

FWIW, I have a complete inventory of 13/14/16 Emperors in-box (both clear and coated) that I'd be happy to give away, just waiting on the shelf for the right taker.

roncadillac

Sometimes, you just gotta eat crow.

What I do is wait for the kid with the cheap poplar kit with 8-year-old dented/derelict factory heads, and just give them to him.

FWIW, I have a complete inventory of 13/14/16 Emperors in-box (both clear and coated) that I'd be happy to give away, just waiting on the shelf for the right taker.
I've been slowly finding appropriate outlets to off load some of these heads: the band department of the school my wife works at, the studio I record at after hearing the producer complain about a prior session/band's drummer destroying their snare head, and a neighbor who plays drums.

Another hobby of mine (that I also participate in a forum for) is traditional wet shaving and that community has what they call a "pass around" in which supplies are passed around from person to person in a box and you can keep an item you like if you add an item in it's place... This would be a great thing to get going around here for heads and sticks. Obviously these are 'disposable' items but we've all got heads and sticks in good shape we don't use that someone else may cherish.