Trick Vs Axis

SYMBOLIC DEATH

You really have to get your feet on them and try them out. Depending on how you set your pedals up you may hate how they feel with similar settings to your current pedals.
Both are excellent pedals. Its impossible to say which one you'll like better.

bud7h4

Silver Member
I've owned both, Pro 1V Bigfoot, and Axis A Longboard and A21 Saber. I prefer the feel of Axis. Specifically the pendulum of the beater feels better.

bud7h4

Silver Member
yeh a lot of people say there is a problem with the beater slowing before it hits the head on the trick
The pedal feels very light throughout the stroke, until just before impact. If I remember correctly Trick explains this as a result of the compression spring design, and it's supposed to be an advantage. But I like how Axis feels lighter and quicker than cam (chain) drive pedals without any unusual feel. I transitioned from Iron Cobras to Axis without a hitch.

Trick pedals are incredibly adjustable though, so maybe a more "normal" pendulum feel can be dialed in. Admittedly I didn't give them a whole lot of time. I tried them for a few weeks. Then I fell in love with Axis right out of the box.

Last edited:

NackAttack

I can’t speak for Axis but I have had the Trick Pro1-V Bigfoot for about a month and I love it. Transitioned from 15 years on ICs. I contemplated this same choice for a loooong time. I finally made a list of things I wish my IC had/did and the Trick checked all the boxes. I have very limited experience on an A longboard, but it felt great. Axis is probably the safe choice. But man, I am loving my Tricks with no regrets (even though they cost more than my first 2 cars put together).

SYMBOLIC DEATH

I can’t speak for Axis but I have had the Trick Pro1-V Bigfoot for about a month and I love it. Transitioned from 15 years on ICs. I contemplated this same choice for a loooong time. I finally made a list of things I wish my IC had/did and the Trick checked all the boxes. I have very limited experience on an A longboard, but it felt great. Axis is probably the safe choice. But man, I am loving my Tricks with no regrets (even though they cost more than my first 2 cars put together).
What were your first 2 cars?

NackAttack

What were your first 2 cars?
Lol. A Jeep Cherokee and an Oldsmobile. The first one was a gift that didn’t run so just had to pay a few hundred for parts. The second I bought for 500 and made it halfway home. Had to tow it the rest of the way and then pay another 3 to get it going.

RickP

Gold Member
Another vote for Axis . I had a Trick Pro 1V but hated the compression spring . The Compression spring makes the feel get heavier the closer you get the beater to the head . This is fine if you are really pounding the bass drum but for feathering the bass drum or lighter playing it is not great .
I currently use an Axis A21 Sabre longboard pedal and love how easy it is to dial in the feel quickly with the variable drive lever . Axis pedals are well made and smooth .

NackAttack

yeh a lot of people say there is a problem with the beater slowing before it hits the head on the trick
To be fair, it really depends on how you have the pedals adjusted. The way I have mine, I don’t feel any extra resistance. I absolutely did at some settings however. This is why I said Axis is probably the safe choice.

TJK

Another vote for Axis . I had a Trick Pro 1V but hated the compression spring . The Compression spring makes the feel get heavier the closer you get the beater to the head . This is fine if you are really pounding the bass drum but for feathering the bass drum or lighter playing it is not great .
I currently use an Axis A21 Sabre longboard pedal and love how easy it is to dial in the feel quickly with the variable drive lever . Axis pedals are well made and smooth .
I love the idea of the trick but springs in compression will always feel like that imho. A tension spring has a lot more length of travel than the small trick compression spring.