TRICK snare drums

amba

hello all,
I recently video taped and recorded my four TRICK snare drums..
Just a chance for all to give a listen...I know a lot of people have heard about TRICK and have been curious about their snares...So here's a chance to hear a few.

TRICK SNARES

Nice to see some detailed videos! I love that 14x8, not many aluminum drums in that size and it's gorgeous too.

Hey Evilbagua,
Thank you...I LOVE your avatar...big A.T.H.F. fan myself...Master Shake kills me...
My favorite quote from him has something to do with a flame thrower and how they took it away from him because he was not making good decisions with it...TOO funny...

TRICK only made 8 of these...they are milled/lathed out of a SOLID block of AL13 aluminum...thing must weigh 30 pounds...actually I really should weigh it...

But thank you...I love making these movies...
Next...a movie on the three TRICK dbl peds I have...the PRO 1V, the Big Foot and the Dominator...

I love their stuff...

amba

Amba,

Awesome, awesome. Finally some great sound samples of Trick snares. I've looked at these snares for a couple of years now but could never find good samples of them.

Question: Are shells on the 4x14 and 8x14 different from the other two snares? The 4x14 and 8x14 do not seem to have the thin-cut air vents going all around the drum shell like the other two snares (and most Trick snares in general) do. The 4x14 and 8x14 look like "solid shell" aluminum shells without all the multiple air vents.

My favorites were the 4x14 and 5.5x14 snares (especially in low and mid tunings) with the 16-strand wires. Perfect balance of articulation, dryness, and tone, in my opinion. I may have to get one of those!

5 x 14 here to complement my Tama maples according to need. Awesome snares, sick T/O. Every copy the exact same. Best alum, period.

"Question: Are shells on the 4x14 and 8x14 different from the other two snares? The 4x14 and 8x14 do not seem to have the thin-cut air vents going all around the drum shell like the other two snares (and most Trick snares in general) do. The 4x14 and 8x14 look like "solid shell" aluminum shells without all the multiple air vents." -- RobertM

Thank you Robert...
Yes, the 4x14 and the 8x14 are earlier shells from TRICK. The 4x14 is over 22 years old...and the 8x14 is probably around 10 years old. So the venting is different than todays TRICK snares/drums.

best,
amba

Thank you! Great videos, I love the voice over especially. It feels like a training video for new employees at Trick. Nice playing too, those are some mighty crisp flams too.

I love the sound of that 14x8. Certainly got a lot of body to it.

Back