Trick Pro1-V: Positives and Negatives

Drummertist

Silver Member
Positives: Looks sleek and cool. Can take two separate pedals and make a double. Infinite cam adjustment.

Negatives: EXPENSIVE. EXPENSIVE. I want the expensive thing!

Do you have any negatives to say about this pedal OTHER THAN THE PRICE!?

I've heard good things and bad things. i feel like they would be extremely smooth, but really heavy. so your best bet would probably be to just find one at a drum shop somewhere and try it out for yourself.

But i agree, they are really cool.

Has anyone broke the plate before? It looks mighty thin.

The pedal is very solid. I did 166 shows with one pedal, stomping it mercilessly, and nothing broke, slipped, loosened, rattled, or showed signs of wear. It's as smooth & quiet as when it was new.

Yes it's expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Trick has a 'lite' version of this pedal called the Dominator, and it's really nice as well. Same inner works of the Pro1-v but with less metal on the base and no titanium beater shaft. The street price will be less than the $3-325 for the Pro1-v, more in DW9000 range around $225.

Bermuda

The pedal is very solid. I did 166 shows with one pedal, stomping it mercilessly, and nothing broke, slipped, loosened, rattled, or showed signs of wear. It's as smooth & quiet as when it was new.

Yes it's expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Trick has a 'lite' version of this pedal called the Dominator, and it's really nice as well. Same inner works of the Pro1-v but with less metal on the base and no titanium beater shaft. The street price will be less than the $3-325 for the Pro1-v, more in DW9000 range around $225.

Bermuda

Does it hit fairly hard? Like, as hard as an Iron Cobra?

It hits hard and is just a little too smooth for my taste.

Does it hit fairly hard? Like, as hard as an Iron Cobra?

To start with, I don't prefer the beater the Trick comes with, cool though it is. I use a standard Gibraltar/Ludwig felt/plastic ball-type beater, and that gives me the feel I like and plenty of oomph. But I've owned the Iron Cobra (and Pearl Eliminator and Axis and several DW pedals) and I prefer the Trick to all of them for speed, smoothness, and oomph. the DW9000 comes the closest, but for me, the Trick has a noticeable edge.

Bermuda

Back