Trick Driveshaft Screws Getting Loose

Scottie15

Anyone else own a Trick Driveshaft and experience the screws constantly getting lose that hold the driveshaft to the pedal?

Recently purchased a Pearl Eliminator Redline Double Pedal, and used the Trick Driveshaft I had on my Tama IC 900s. Noticed that the screws kept coming loose. So I swapped them with the screws that came with the Pearl driveshaft. It appears those screws come with some threadlock which helps keep them screwed on.

Last edited:

bud7h4

Silver Member
I have experienced that before with several brands. So far so good with the Trick after about 8 years.

Scottie15

I have experienced that before with several brands. So far so good with the Trick after about 8 years.

Yea I didn't seem to have the issue when I used the same driveshaft for the Tama Rolling Glides. Usually it's just one screw that gets lose and needs tightening.

Interesting thing I noticed: the stock Pearl driveshaft has this blue threadlock on the threads that I assume is used to prevent the bolts from getting loose. So I swapped them on to the Trick Driveshaft.

Frosticles

Silver Member
Been using the Trick Shaft for years without any problems. A little bit of Blue Locktite & all should be well :)