Trick Driveshaft 5.0 vs Pearl Z-link

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I'm looking to replace the driveshaft from my Speed Cobras with something a bit more reliable. I can either order the Trick 5.0 from them, which means ordering from the states, paying import taxes, and waiting a few weeks for them to (hopefully) arrive in one piece, or I can spend more money and get a Pearl Z-link from Thomann.

My questions are:

1. Will these both definitely fit my pedals?
2. Are there any meaningful differences between the two? Is one superior to the other?
3. Does anyone have any experience ordering from Trick?

I've got the trick one for my 9000's, it's amazing!!
Best upgrade ever you'll never go back.
I ordered from the states and I'm in Australia, they express post I got it in 4 days, perfect! You need to get the specific one for your pedals just check there website.

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
Trick has two variants, one to suit DW and one to suit all others. That should be easy enough for you.

As for the z - link - I was thinking about getting one for my dw pedal and I tried mating them up but it didn't fit, but I would guess the z-link would work with any other brand since the trick one is one size fits all (excluding dw).

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Ok, this is good. The only thing is that I've tried ordering from the Trick site about eight times but it won't let me place an order. I've emailed them about this and heard nothing yet, and I phoned and it went to an answering machine for the wrong department. Anyone got any hints on that front?

Reggae_Mangle

Silver Member
I'm looking to replace the driveshaft from my Speed Cobras with something a bit more reliable. I can either order the Trick 5.0 from them, which means ordering from the states, paying import taxes, and waiting a few weeks for them to (hopefully) arrive in one piece, or I can spend more money and get a Pearl Z-link from Thomann.

My questions are:

1. Will these both definitely fit my pedals?
2. Are there any meaningful differences between the two? Is one superior to the other?
3. Does anyone have any experience ordering from Trick?
Could be wrong with the latest update to the Trick driveshaft, but it's the exact same thing used on Pearl's Demon Drive pedals. Trick licenced it to them because it is just that damn good, very little lag. I'd go for the Trick, since it would be latest and greatest.

JosephDAqui

Silver Member
Go with the Trick (I have it on my 9315's) - it's amazing - no lag! It's machined perfection but be careful with the attachment tension rods - do not over-tighten.

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I think I may have ordered the Trick one! Hard to tell for sure at this stage, I guess I'll see if it turns up...

risewiththefallen

Weird they haven't responded to your email. I emailed them about a part I needed and the ceo responded. I've always had good service from them and they make great products.