Trick Drive shaft for Axis Pedal?

Up2Speed

I suggest you look at the Trick web site for that information. You can contact them by phone or email as well.

bud7h4

Silver Member
I only know of three versions. One for Trick, one for DW, and one for "most pedals" (Tama, Pearl, Mapex, etc).
Are you okay with having to adjust the slave pedal height in increments? Because you don't have to do that with the round Axis shaft.

K Chez

bud7h4 - Did not think of that, thank you for bringing that up. Was trying to figure out a way to use the Trick driveshaft that I have on my Powershifter as the Axis universals have a fair amount of play that I haven't been able to get out. Was thinking of a piece similar to a socket driver step down. It might be possible as the hole on the end of the Trick receiver is round and has two locking screws on each end which, in theory, should give enough holding force to keep if from slipping on the round tube.

Attachments

• Axis_drive_shaft_adapter.jpg
    Axis_drive_shaft_adapter.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 90

beyondbetrayal

Platinum Member
ACD make one, but there are a few issues with the axis pedal.

The hex bolts with the flat piece behind the set screws in the #1 piece are not all 100% even. (I have gone down this route. trust me)

You need the round axis shaft so you can get the slave pedal height the same or you will be dealing with a lower or higher left pedal.

K Chez

ACD make one, but there are a few issues with the axis pedal.

The hex bolts with the flat piece behind the set screws in the #1 piece are not all 100% even. (I have gone down this route. trust me)

You need the round axis shaft so you can get the slave pedal height the same or you will be dealing with a lower or higher left pedal.

See my pic above - the round shaft on the driveshaft side solves that issue.

K Chez

SOLVED!! Worked like a charm.

Attachments

• 20190427_133650-web.jpg
    20190427_133650-web.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 20190427_133618-web.jpg
    20190427_133618-web.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 112

dingus

Sorry to revive an old thread, but WHAT DID YOU DO? What kind of hardware is that? I have an Axis A-L2CB and I want to put on my Trick driveshaft.

dingus

ACD in Austria make first class pedals and drive shafts to fit any pedal. The quality, price and service are all absolutely great.
I actually placed an order with ACD. Allow me to excite you with the full list of upgrades I'm making to my black A-L2CBs:

Double Axis carbon footboards
Double Axis spring tensioners (black)
Double ACD heel blocks (black)
Double ACD beater shifters (silver; thank God now I can use any beater and get the same level of power as the Axis proprietary beaters)
Double DW DWSM110 beaters (from previous build)
ACD driveshaft

In the future, I may consider also ordering some ACD beaters. The DWs give me more versatility with weight, and are slightly heavier with all the brass weights. I bet ACD could come up with something even better, but now I wonder if the wood discs for his beaters are at all compatible with my DWs? :p

What's this thingamajig, though? I would need 2 of them to get my Trick driveshaft working.

Attachments

• piece.PNG
    piece.PNG
    123.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I actually placed an order with ACD. Allow me to excite you with the full list of upgrades I'm making to my black A-L2CBs:

Double Axis carbon footboards
Double Axis spring tensioners (black)
Double ACD heel blocks (black)
Double DW DWSM110 beaters (from previous build)
ACD driveshaft

What's this thingamajig, though? I would need 2 of them to get my Trick driveshaft working.

Yeah, those Trick-Axis adaptors, what & where can I get/make?