Tribute to a dear friend...

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
A few days ago, I lost a great drummer friend, almost a 40 years friendship, it was a very sad news.

This song's from my old band "Compartiment Fumeurs" tell about the sudden death of the one we love so dearly and the effect upon us.

"Life is like the wind... it blows our world for just an instant"

La Mort à Vingt Ans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIWBXDSvQs0&feature=youtu.be

RIP Jimmy, you'll always be in my heart.

A

Anthony Amodeo

so sorry for your loss Henri

he lives on in your heart forever

rest east Jimmy

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Anthony, Ian and David, thanks guys, it means a lot to me.

Jimmy had a real passion for drums and drumming, he has own more drums and cymbals than I care to remember, he also had the largest ever CD collection I have ever seen in my entire life, he was living for the music and a wonderful friend, if he had spoken any english, he would have loved this forum, I know he visited Drummerworld regularly to watch the videos of all his favourite drummers.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
A fitting tribute song indeed Henri. I know his departure was unexpected & tragic, with both dear friends & young family left behind. Always tough to come to terms with such a waste of life. He loved music, & you have returned with music as an expression of your love for him.

RIP Jimmy, a drumming brother I never had the honour to know.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Gee Henri, I missed this thread, though we chatted about Jimmy.

Lovely atmospheric track with the kind of melancholy that sits just right with the situation - melancholy, but accepting on some deeper level.

Nice wind quote. I like "we are just a blink in eternity" or, as you'd know from my toons, "fleas on the shaggy dog joke of the universe". The important thing is Jimmy obviously had some good times in his blink. For a start, I'm sure all the band must have loved playing in Compartiment Fumeurs. Beautiful and stylish band sound ... I'd have liked it a little less clean and separated in the recording (it was the 80s), but it must have sounded awesome when you guys were gigging in a good sounding room!

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Grunt, Andy and Grea, thank you for the kind words and blessings.

Yes Andy, my thoughts are also with those left behind.

Grea, the "wind quote" is actually the chorus of the song, I liked the "blink quote", it really defines our moment in this world, and for some it's even shorter.

This song was written by the singer/keys who had lost a friend suddenly, even back then, it was an emotional piece to play, and playing it with just keys, bass and drums makes it even harder to get the feel right.

I think everytime we say goodbye to everyone dear to our heart, we should also say "I love you", but we never do...

I love you Jimmy, I love you drummerfriends.

Henri

aydee

Platinum Member
Sorry to hear of you loss Henri.. like, Grea, I would have loved to have heard this band live.. It would have been killer. boy, you guys have a deep deep deep pocket.

longgun

Gold Member
A few days ago, I lost a great drummer friend, almost a 40 years friendship, it was a very sad news.

This song's from my old band "Compartiment Fumeurs" tell about the sudden death of the one we love so dearly and the effect upon us.

"Life is like the wind... it blows our world for just an instant"

La Mort à Vingt Ans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIWBXDSvQs0&feature=youtu.be

RIP Jimmy, you'll always be in my heart.
My condolences go out to you and the family / friends of Jimmy....it's always hard on the ones left behind. Life is so short...........my prayers are with you.

Thaard

Platinum Member
Man, this is really sad. Hope you're holding up ok?

The tune is really interesting though. Like it could be from a movie-soundtrack or something. A lot of feelings flowing through it.

ToPrAle

My condolences...when these things happen.. it's like snapping out of a dream.. it is always surreal to me..somehow..

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Abe, longgun, Thaardy and Alessio, thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments.

Yes, I'm OK, I have friends from Switzerland staying a few days in our house, they're mutual friends of Jimmy too.