Transporting Drum Gear

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

So, the show is going on the road as the school is insisting we bring the full kit...my husband and I had a great laugh as they want to do it in a classroom to keep the noise down. It will go right through the walls. They have no concept of how loud it is .... :)

Any other advice on transporting would be greatly appreciated. I guess there has to be a first time for everything.
hmmm...imagine that. Non music people not having a clue about anything we do...as a band director, that is a weekly occurence for me!

try to get a measurement of the room before you get there and realize that half of the stuff you brought won't even fit in it

drummom

hmmm...imagine that. Non music people not having a clue about anything we do...as a band director, that is a weekly occurence for me!

try to get a measurement of the room before you get there and realize that half of the stuff you brought won't even fit in it
Its not going to fit except if they completely rearrange the room and this is for a audition so lots of other kids and their stuff.... I warned them so not my problem. :) I know the rooms.

Our band teacher is amazing. Thanks for everything you do! I'm amazed how she teaches so many kids and gets them to play decently quickly on as many instruments as she teaches. They do band in portables.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Its not going to fit except if they completely rearrange the room and this is for a audition so lots of other kids and their stuff.... I warned them so not my problem. :) I know the rooms.

Our band teacher is amazing. Thanks for everything you do! I'm amazed how she teaches so many kids and gets them to play decently quickly on as many instruments as she teaches. They do band in portables.
Thank you!!

At my one middle school, I never know where band is going to be. I have to check in the office every time I go in. We float from the stage in the gym, to the corner of the cafeteria, to a little closet off of the library, to outside often times in the spring or fall when it is nice...luckily my other 2 middle schools are a better situation, and we have our own big band room at the high school.

have you posted a pic of the drum set yet?

drummom

Thank you!!

At my one middle school, I never know where band is going to be. I have to check in the office every time I go in. We float from the stage in the gym, to the corner of the cafeteria, to a little closet off of the library, to outside often times in the spring or fall when it is nice...luckily my other 2 middle schools are a better situation, and we have our own big band room at the high school.

have you posted a pic of the drum set yet?
The middle school we are headed has a special music program, so he's really excited as he can take two music classes a semester.

He has a Mapex armory - photon blue rock kit, a bunch of cymbals, cow bell and chimes... it keeps expanding as I'd rather have drum gear than legos. I need to take pictures.. hopefully it will last many years.

OSDrums

We are using the black patch. Now you tell me... when I asked about new heads everyone said to use a patch. Can I switch out the patch? My son said he likes the half felt beater as I got him a full felt for his single pedal but on the double it came with the half and half.

Anything else helpful to know?
Using a patch to protect the somewhat expensive Bassdrum head makes perfect sense. It’s only that some patches (the black Evans ones) are not compatible with felt beaters. I learned this lesson the hard way when I once played on a house kit for one gig and the black Evans patch killed my brandnew felt beater in 2 hours...
You should try to peel the black one off the head and get one of the clear ones, they are available for single and double pedals and cost only some dollars in packs of two.

Last edited: