TRAK drums

crazyhorse

Gold Member
Or just admit that you're new to the idea of how drums are constructed and learn something instead of posting useful stuff that takes up my bandwidth. =)

thinkintriplets

I truly do see where the confusion lies...

I was mistaken. I used the wrong terminology. When I said plywood, I meant pressed wood. However, it's been a long time since I took a look at that Trak kit of mine, so I'll have to confirm on that detail.

bighaibigdrums - Nice way to try and use my argument against me!!
However, you need to learn how to read other people's posts before you begin to try and act smart (meaning, you didn't read my post carefully enough and you made a fatal flaw in your response that confirms my original point to a greater degree). However, I'll not point out your fault because you're obviously still looking to try and bash me.

crazyhorse - I'm not new to the idea of drum construction. I just have not been using the terminology for awhile (If you want to take a look at all my posts on Drummerworld, I believe this is the first time I've actually posted on Drum gear). Secondly, I did not claim to know much about drum construction. It was you who said I though I knew a lot.

Hint: Don't come in here acting like you know what you're talking about when you clearly don't
All I did was try to answer your vague question with a general principal, two things in my answer that I acknowledged. However, in your response (after you trying to make fun of me and discredit me) you did end up clarifying my mistake in terminology, which I have now clarified at the beginning of this post, and is something I know now never to do again. So thanks.

In the end, I still am not claiming to know everything about drum construction. Indeed, I do not know everything about drum construction. All I know are some general rules, and a few things on wood types... that's about it.

Again, as for whether the Trak Kit is a good one, I believe my first post on the topic is accurate (minus the plywood and glue part).

ledzepjb, you have your answer.

thinkintriplets.

bighaibigdrums

bighaibigdrums - Nice way to try and use my argument against me!!
However, you need to learn how to read other people's posts before you begin to try and act smart (meaning, you didn't read my post carefully enough and you made a fatal flaw in your response that confirms my original point to a greater degree). However, I'll not point out your fault because you're obviously still looking to try and bash me.

thinkintriplets.

Actually I read your whole post very carefully. And once again you are doing exactly what I said. Your using insults to try and look smart. You almost got it right by admiting you had the wrong type of wood . All you had to do was admit you were wrong, but your so worried about people seeing you as smart that you had to go on and on.

BTW your still wrong. The drums arent pressed wood, they are plywood. Pressed wood cant be bent like plywood.

thinkintriplets

bighaibigdrums - I didn't insult you. Obviously, you are STILL not reading my posts correctly, so I'll try to point something out to you.

What I did was provide a possible explanation to why you were insulting me. An intelligent explanation of an action in my book isn't really an insult, nor is it 'psycho babel'; indeed, that's quite an insult directed at me from you!!

If anything, my explanation tapped into an underlying structure of your personality. As a result, maybe you should take a step back as ask yourself why you insulted me, and possibly learn from the experience.

And being wrong is fine with me. We learn through mistakes. I never said I wasn't wrong. In fact, on the contrary. In my last post, I said I was mistaken. Also, I said that I was not sure about those drums being made with pressed wood, and that I would confirm that detail. I also have said that I didn't know everything about drum construction, and that I knew a few things about the wood and some general principals.

My question now to you is, what the hell are you talking about? I have to admit I was wrong about what?

thinkintriplets.

bighaibigdrums

they're pretty much ply wood and glue
Except stave, arcylic, and solid shell all drums are plywood

my point is that the plywood isn't of a particular wood
Many high end drums are combinations of woods

That's why it's an entry level kit.
See above

As for the lame attempt at trying to analyse someone you've never met on the basis of just acouple of posts on a chatboard thats pretty dumb. You know nothing about me, my life or any psychological problems I may or may not have. It also could be very dangerous if the person you are "analysing" has a problem and you give the wrong "advice" and something happens.
For the ego part, you come out with a very highbrow, longwinded response to a very simple statement. Then you proceed to announce to everyone how smart you are and how little we know because of your high education. All this points in the direction of someone with little selfconfidence who needs to feel superior to others.

crazyhorse

Gold Member
I'm still laughing... mainly because it's a forum full of people that like to beat on things... obviously we're all disturbed.

thinkintriplets

they're pretty much ply wood and glue

Except stave, arcylic, and solid shell all drums are plywood

my point is that the plywood isn't of a particular wood
Many high end drums are combinations of woods

That's why it's an entry level kit.
See above

Indeed, I believe that one issue can account for all of those issues raised... the plywood vs pressed wood issue... something that I have already addressed!

Now can you see my confusion to why I need to apologize? Are you not reading anything that I'm saying!?

bighaibigdrums, the advice I have given you isn't profound and I doubt will have a large effect on your life. Indeed like my several posts, you will probably ignore it, which is why this is MY last post on this topic.

The reasons for my statement was clear, to address why people insult other people. I never stated at all about how little you know, all I said was that if people were interested in the topic, PM me and we could exchange ideas.

As for the lack of self-confidence issue, well that's just ridiculous. All your 'evidence' doesn't add up at all because you are clearly not reading my previous posts correctly. You have created ideas out of thin air, and used those ideas to criticize me. Dude, that just doesn't make much sense.

Finally (and I mean finally), not once have I felt the need to feel superior than others. If you have read the posts, it was YOU who INSULTED ME!!! I never said anything critical until I was insulted. You called me out unjustly, so I made sure to call you out justly. That is not me needing to feel superior, it's called fighting back.

Now, I have addressed all your ideas fairly. If you want continue criticizing me at this point, I really could care less because it has been pointless from the start.

thinkintriplets.

crazyhorse

Gold Member
They don't sparkle enough.

stycch

"my DW is plywood and glue.... is it entry level?"

hi to all... just want to ask if there's a difference with the terms: "plywood" and "ply wood"?

from what i know, "plywood" refers to small chunks of wood, usually composite, glued together for industrial use, such as for wall paneling, for furniture-making and other carpentry works, and sometimes used for bodies of cheap guitars, etc... while "ply wood" refers to the act of gluing wider chunks of specially selected type of wood, usually in terms of its tonal characteristics and durability, on top of each other for a specific purpose...

seemingly, "plywood" is somehow recycled while "ply wood" is somehow specially made...

please correct me... thanks! good day to all!

timmdrum

Silver Member
Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

No offense to the mentally disabled. Except those who squabble over semantics on an internet forum.

Lighthouse

The 1st kit I bought was a Trak #2. On getting it home, I found it had #4 shells on it. Good.
I had previously played on Premier kits.But the Trak beat them hands down.
I did use oil filled skins.
They were actually made in Japan (like Sony gear used to be) so the quality was A1.

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
"my DW is plywood and glue.... is it entry level?"

hi to all... just want to ask if there's a difference with the terms: "plywood" and "ply wood"?

from what i know, "plywood" refers to small chunks of wood, usually composite, glued together for industrial use, such as for wall paneling, for furniture-making and other carpentry works, and sometimes used for bodies of cheap guitars, etc... while "ply wood" refers to the act of gluing wider chunks of specially selected type of wood, usually in terms of its tonal characteristics and durability, on top of each other for a specific purpose...

seemingly, "plywood" is somehow recycled while "ply wood" is somehow specially made...

please correct me... thanks! good day to all!

Whether it's spelled "plywood" or "ply wood" makes no difference. Plywood is a wood composite material, made of veneers and glue bonded together under heat and pressure, Cheap guitars and most Western trap drums are made of plywood, but it is a high-grade variety of maple, etc. Remo also experimented with other wood composites, such as Acousticon, basically specially formulated particle board.

Plywood has many advantages to natural whole wood, so it makes a good material for drums.

ShaysRebellion

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

No offense to the mentally disabled. Except those who squabble over semantics on an internet forum.

Hahaha! ^^ true true