Trading up, need help! Sonor / Tama

MisterMixelpix

Silver Member
Great finish man, I love 3007's they are a top line drum set at a reasonable price. I always ran coated emperors on my heads, how does it sound with the clear Evans
Beastly. See, I like the "slap" of clear heads, so these guys treat me perfectly. With an Evans Torque Key, it's 3 atop 4 with the rack toms, 2 atop 3 for the floors. Plenty of meat to 'em. I'm just blown away.

braincramp

Gold Member
Haha, I guess thats all that really matters if you're not gigging...which i assume youre not with this kit. Especially considering that rack lol
?????? I have the same kit (in sunburst) similar gibralter rack (mine has the V front with 2 wings) and I'm a "gigging drummer" that likes this set-up cymbal configuration included.

MisterMixelpix

Silver Member
Speaking of the rack, I think I'm going to replace all the curved pipes with straight ones.

The big problem with curved pipes is that if they aren't perfectly horizontal, it starts making the whole thing lean and tilt in odd ways.

Homeularis

Gold Member
Speaking of the rack, I think I'm going to replace all the curved pipes with straight ones.

The big problem with curved pipes is that if they aren't perfectly horizontal, it starts making the whole thing lean and tilt in odd ways.
Cant you just adjust the tom arms to counter that?.

I like the curved ones much better (looks wise) but I've never had a rack myself.

Fuo

Platinum Member
Threads like this really makes my money start to feel all warm in my pocket... I really wanna join the emerging "RockStar -> 3007" club. Beautiful kit man.

Wick

"Sloppy cymbal setup"???......For who?.

Looks pretty solid to me, and why wouldnt you gig with that rack?.

Uber nice lookin kit MMpix!. Enjoy!.
I just don't really like the look of how they're stacked up above one other and how theres a large gap between the 'set' on the right and left sides.

And rack just gets in the way for gigging cause they're so bulky and such.

Just as anything else with drums it all matters of preference I guess though

braincramp

Gold Member

This may sound nutz and defeating of the purpose but I have my rack loaded up and to prevent my floor tom side curve from doing this I actually mount a stand to it to act as a leg (takes 1 stand which I had and 1 clamp all the way on the end) until I can get more rack pieces...it works!!! hold it just where I want it and hey 1 stand and a rack looks a whole lot better then the 10 stands I had with there legs all intertwined not alone the time savings.

MisterMixelpix

Silver Member
I just don't really like the look of how they're stacked up above one other and how theres a large gap between the 'set' on the right and left sides.

And rack just gets in the way for gigging cause they're so bulky and such.

Just as anything else with drums it all matters of preference I guess though
I moved them all around, actually. I think it's better now, even. The gap in the middle is there because I'm adding stuff later, namely splashes.

BigBelly

I almost bought that exact kit from dales last year. I dont know if they had multiples of that kit (I imagine they did) but I wanted a Fusion maple kit so I saved up the extra dough and bought one.
Yours was the one up on the riser in the Ebay add right?.

Looks awsome.

Hey, I'm in Nor Cal too, East Bay.

Who knows?, maybe your kit almost made it to my studio...lol. :)
Yes, that's the one. As it turns out, they did have several of them. I really wanted a Sonor and the price from Dales was a steal at under $700.00. I was close to buying the Maple as well but they didn't have the sizes I wanted. I haven't recorded with them (only drumming two years) but they sound awesome. I did have issues with heads and tuning for a while but I have since figured that out. Coated G2's on top and G1 resos. I had the clears but seem to be liking the coateds a bit better. I'd like a set of SQ2's.....but for now that's a pipe dream.

I grew up in Fremont, where you from?