Trading Facebook likes?

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
I am a kinda non social media person..

But, just wondering..

I always thought that a 'like' was meant for a person to show that they really like or appreciate something..

But if 'likes' are only used to trade and that way you would get a few hundred, then what is exactly the meaning or value from those 'likes'..?

Lee-Bro

The more likes you have on Facebook, the more distribution your posts and events receive. The more it is done "organically," the more effective subsequent advertising becomes. I have an article somewhere where a social media guru broke down how FB's (then) algorithms worked in relation to post distribution vs. the number of fans/likes your page had. Long story short, the more likes you have the more effective your advertising and posting is.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I follow a few pro drummers on Facebook. If you want to increase distribution you can Like a page or Follow a person or Product. I follow Gretsch drums and a few others.

Jayson

You have to "pay to play" in social media. But that brings up the situation of whether people are buying fame. Well, I bought up a following - but it's a struggle to gain that credibility that makes it justified.

The more likes you have on Facebook, the more distribution your posts and events receive. The more it is done "organically," the more effective subsequent advertising becomes. I have an article somewhere where a social media guru broke down how FB's (then) algorithms worked in relation to post distribution vs. the number of fans/likes your page had. Long story short, the more likes you have the more effective your advertising and posting is.
It's a struggle for even good material to make it - without paying.

Last edited: