Traded for Birch Starclassics

Superman

Gold Member
A guy listed a red sparkle fade to black birch Tama Starclassic kit.. 10 & 12 mounted, 14 & 16 floor toms and a 22 bass in beautiful condition. I traded him a set of Mapex Venus drums (5 piece shell pack which I was going to list for $175) and $325 cash. Haven't hit them yet but they look great and are made in Japan. I think I got a good deal..

Attachments

• IMG_2189.JPG
    IMG_2189.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 449
Hi Superman, that might be the understatement of this month. Why can’t I find deals like this? Nice looking kit.

That, my friend, is a killer deal. Congrats! Hopefully those will keep you happy for a good long while.

That, my friend, is a killer deal. Congrats! Hopefully those will keep you happy for a good long while.

Thanks..but we are drummers..does ANY kit keep us happy for that long?? lol.

How did you convince him to trade you a high end kit for a low end beginner kit? Unless you threw in something else that trade wouldn't make sense.

How did you convince him to trade you a high end kit for a low end beginner kit? Unless you threw in something else that trade wouldn't make sense.

For some reason newer drummers (that i have met) tend to see tama as just garbage, cause they don't know better :) I love tama myself.. smokin deal man..

He was open to trades..At first I offered him a set of Sonor Force 3005 that I have sitting in cases..He told me he doesn't like Sonor.
I had the Venus kit laying around and I offered it plus $300 cash..he came back and said make it $325...I then sped to his house to get them..lol.
They are in beautiful condition..I'm ecstatic. I'm gonna pack up the Saturn kit and set these up this week.

I almost shit myself until I got to the part where you said you also gave him cash. I was about to ask who in their right mind would trade a Starclassic for a Venus. Even still, you basically got a Starclassic for $500 total.

There was a guy in my local area a couple months ago selling a birch Starclassic performer for $500, but his were 2001s and in that gross looking liquid metal wrap. These look way nicer.

Score! Would like to see it under lights.

Thanks for posting this btw, someone told me my starclassic had the wrong tom mounts but yours are like mine. I also have a snare and 12 but here it is at my last gig.

Duck, that Starclassic in white is gorgeous! I love it. Once I hit the lottery (yeah, right :( ) my second or third purchase would be a new set of Starclassic B/B in Vintage White Marine Pearl, same configuration as yours, but with two floor toms. I used to really dislike the looks of Tama drums until the Starclassic line was introduced. Beautifully-designed lugs, elegant cast hoops, super-versatile tom mounts, and a plethora of finishes have won my admiration.

GeeDeeEmm

Finally got these setup..I think they look and sound great.

Attachments

• IMG_2328.JPG
    IMG_2328.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_2324.JPG
    IMG_2324.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 178
I really like SC birch. Yours look great, I think you got an excellent deal. Maybe a steel. I see you set them up like I do, lefty.

Wow, great deal.

Why the heck did the other guy take you up on such a low offer?
No clue, I told him what I had and sent over pics of the Venus kit..now I saw he is trying to sell them on CL for less than he gave me for them. I'm not going to complain! lol

I really like SC birch. Yours look great, I think you got an excellent deal. Maybe a steel. I see you set them up like I do, lefty.
Yes, have always been a lefty, sucks that I can never go to an open mic type event and sit in though.

Great-looking kit. Indeed, you ended up getting the better end of that deal..:no question.
Thanks!

Back