Touring kit - wrap vs un-wrapped?

Stay tuned.

Holy cow!!! Another resto! I know Smoke n drums is having fun with his Blaemire/Luddie. That is a steal for something like that and *well* cheaper than I thought they'd be. I'd have thought Jerry would have charged a LOT more.

I asked smoke to compare the sound to his new kit. He says they are punchy, warm and loud. Sounds good to me!

Last edited:
Holy cow!!! Another resto! I know Smoke n drums is having fun with his Blaemire/Luddie. That is a steal for something like that and *well* cheaper than I thought they'd be. I'd have thought Jerry would have charged a LOT more.

I asked smoke to compare the sound to his new kit. He says they are punchy, warm and loud. Sounds good to me!
Well, the total is a little misleading. I did end up giving Jerry his Bronze Supra back, and I did some stripping and sanding of the shells.. Plus, there is no bass drum involved. Also, I had all the hardware for the drums. This was the price just for the shells and some additional hardware.

Last edited:
If you are willing to look around you can find a Tempus, Blaemire, Impact, or other fiberglass drum kit for less than $1600. If I sold half my Tempus kit (I have two rack toms, two floor toms, and two bass drums) I would expect fewer than $1600.

Look around, you might be surprised as to what you can find.

If you are willing to look around you can find a Tempus, Blaemire, Impact, or other fiberglass drum kit for less than $1600. If I sold half my Tempus kit (I have two rack toms, two floor toms, and two bass drums) I would expect fewer than $1600.

Look around, you might be surprised as to what you can find.

After I heard my friend's kit I looked into Impact. I e-mailed them a couple months ago, and they said they weren't producing kits yet due to hardware and other concerns. I would have liked that kit, and it's American made.

Here is a 2009 wish list: I wish Jerry got the formula/rights and so on to Blaemire drums and started making them new.

Last edited:
if you do go for a laquor, get the higloss finish to help with dings, my latest custom kit was a satin stain in blue, and every ding shows the maple below and im kicking myself now.

Go with what you want. What looks good to you. Besides "you", no one else is gonna fixate on a scratch, or a wrinkle, a bubble, or a seam, on your drum kit. Stage lights and audience stage distance hide all but the most severe damage.

Go with what you want. What looks good to you. Besides "you", no one else is gonna fixate on a scratch, or a wrinkle, a bubble, or a seam, on your drum kit. Stage lights and audience stage distance hide all but the most severe damage.

All true, and worth considering. I've never done much of a tour, but my nice glossy finished Signia kit has dragged to a million shows and abused in many different unpleasant conditions over 15 years, and still people ask if it's brand new. I've been lucky it only has one small ding on the bass drum that no notices but me!

However, I admit I wish a had a small wrapped kit I could just throw in the back of the car when it's not a big serious occasion, without worrying about lugging my foam lined cases.

Back