Tour Zildjian on the Travel Channel

L

larlev

They already showed this on "How it's Made".....it is pretty cool...

Cymbalrider

Pioneer Member
While it's sad to watch mass production replace craftsmanship it's still fun to watch the factories go. I like the lathing wheel and the laser engraving. I'm interested in seeing the difference in production for sheet metal cymbals vs. cast ones. You ever wonder that while the cymbals are going through all this hammering, cutting, rolling, lathing, etc. whether it gets loud in that factory. For those of you that have heard the noises cymbals make when played with a bow, perhaps this is what they make in the factory?

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Re: Zildjian Factory on "Made in America"

I cant believe it lasted only 8 minutes.

F

fourstringdrums

I cant believe it lasted only 8 minutes.
Yeah, even though I'm not a Zildjian guy anymore I was still disappointed it was really short. I wonder if John Ratzenberger has any drumming experience. The playing he did on the hats, while not great, didn't strike me as "Never picked up a pair of sticks in his life".

F

fourstringdrums

Oh and I never knew that Avedis was pronounced "Ave-eh-dis" I always thought it was "Uh-Vee-Dis".

Class A Drummer

Pioneer Member

Oh man i missed it. W/e ill probably see it again or see it on youtube or somthing. I just remember this, but the Remo company was also on it. And at the end they all did a little drum thing together. Really cool.

Tama Player

Silver Member

Yea, I just saw it like 30 minutes ago. It was to short. They showed how to make chineses and a couple other cymbals. It was neat to watch but way, WAY to short.

Peace
AGR

L

larlev

They showed basically the same thing as "how it's made"......didn't see anything really new.

bonzolead

Platinum Member

Yeah, even though I'm not a Zildjian guy anymore I was still disappointed it was really short. I wonder if John Ratzenberger has any drumming experience. The playing he did on the hats, while not great, didn't strike me as "Never picked up a pair of sticks in his life".
On that same show(not episode) he also toured the REMO factory and he did a couple of chops on a REMO kit so I think he really likes drums because i'm sure he puts his input sometimes on where he would like to go.Just glad to see a actor trying to play drums.
he could of been a Flute player or something LOL.

Keep Swatting,
Bonzolead

Zildjian 242

I saw it last night. I was kinda upset about how short it was. And when they said what famous drummer's uses them they show the guy from pearl jam and some unkown jazz guys. Did they forget about Buddy Rich, Gadd, Vinnie C?

It was still cool to see they still check every cymbal they make

and I wish they woulda showed us there vault :(

avnish99

classic

The society is facing problems with such laws. This has to go legal
and it’s needed to This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and
needs to be appreciated by everyone

Travel Tours

azrae1l

Silver Member
i went to the youtube video posted, after watching the brief little clip, on the side bar i noticed a 3 part 30 minute tour of sabian, paiste, zildjian, istanbul & bosphorus. much much better then either how it's made and the travel channel's clips.

i don't have the links handy but if anybody is interested all of them can be found in the search as "insert manufacturer" factory tour. very interesting stuff, especially the hand hammering...