Tour Announcement w/dates and a Cool project

NouveauCliche

A couple of cool things:

This morning I got to record a video in partnership with the Count Basie Center for the Arts.

I got to speak about the drumset - what it is, how it works together as one instrument, what a drummer's role is in music and what I do specifically in my various music projects.

This is a video designed to augment music education in all the regions that The Count Basie Center's Educational Outreach supports - roughly 10,000 students this year.

The second is something I'd mentioned before but below is the official announcement with dates etc:

*TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT*

DDAT receives the Jazz Road Creative Residencies Grant from South Arts.

Huge thank you goes out to South Arts & Bureau of Land Management

Painted Mountains Tour is a musical expedition composing new music with Indigenous Tribes and providing workshops and performances for communities.

D'DAT will travel to six National Monuments for a three-day residency at each site. While on site, D'DAT will research and collaborate with an Indigenous tribe and compose two new pieces, provide a workshop and performance. With the collaboration of the Bureau of Land Management and Indigenous Tribes, D'DAT was able to created this wonderful unifying project.

TOUR SCHEDULE

PLEASE SHARE: #jazzroad #landhealing #honornativeland #ddat #paintedmountianstour

(Free Event Tickets and Addresses will be shared soon)

Canyons of the Ancients National Monument, CO
June 13-15 | Ute Mountain Tribes

Bears Ears National Monument, UT
June 16-18 | Hopi Tribe

Morley Nelson Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area, ID
June 22-24 | Paiute Tribe

Lower Deschutes River, OR
June 26-28 | Warm Springs Confederate Tribe

King Range National Conservation Area, CA
July 1-4 | Bear River Band of the Rhonerville Rancheria Tribe

Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument, NM
July 7-9 | Mescalero Apache

The Painted Mountains Tour is made possible with the support of Jazz Road, a national initiative of South Arts, which is funded by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation with additional support from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation

Attachments

• IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    647.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 16
Good stuff, man. Best of luck with the upcoming dates.

Thanks! Should be a fun / impactful project. The Baise thing was cool until I realized that my daughter is the same demographic as the kids that will see the video...now I'm firmly convinced that I'll just get mercilessly roasted the whole time hahah. She asked how my day was at dinner so I explaining what the video was and she said "Oh so ....'this is a snare drum and this is the sound it makes' and 'this is a cymbal' etc?" Then proceeded to tell me how much I was going to get roasted haha so between yesterday and today my patina of hope on that video has faded Still glad to be a part of their project though.

I'll have a few more announcements coming too tied with different grants and arts orgs - but we did this one first!

Last edited:
Back