Took a bite from an Apple

S

sticks4drums

Well I got almost 10 years out of my dell as my main computer. Thought I would try one of these beauties out. Thought this could be a good thread to share stuff, and help or get help from others on Apple goodies
IMG_3131.jpg

Nice Sticks! I switched to Mac a few years ago. I didn't squeeze 10 years out of my Dell, but close to it.

Nice Sticks! I switched to Mac a few years ago. I didn't squeeze 10 years out of my Dell, but close to it.
Can you tell me why Scorch's pics of his Yamaha kit did not show up on his post, on my mac. Everyone else could see them. When I went to submit a reply on the post, I could see his image lines for the pics, but could not see them when done replying.

Ha, pretty much point for point, my story too (except about 5 years from the Dell). I've had mine for about two months I think. Found it a bit weird at first, but I was helped by the fact that i've never been good on computers, therefore, I'd never dug deep into the operating side of Windows. If I had, I'd probably found the whole switch much more challenging.

Really liking the Mac though. Easy controls so far, & the screen definition's fantastic. That's a big help for a failing fart like me. Duncan's been a real help on the Mac stuff too. There's a lot I can't do yet, but there again, there always has been.

Can you tell me why Scorch's pics of his Yamaha kit did not show up on his post, on my mac. Everyone else could see them. When I went to submit a reply on the post, I could see his image lines for the pics, but could not see them when done replying.
First thing, click on the Apple logo in the upper left, then click software update insuring everything is current. I'm not sure what browser your using. Safari is nice, but I like using Firefox. Maybe give Firefox a try and see if the pics start showing up.

21.5 iMac? Nice. My Dad has one and a 2006 model. I have a 2006 iMac and a 2009 MacBook Pro. My mother has a 2010 iMac. All superb machines indeed.

As for why the pictures aren't showing, no idea. Check your browser is up to date.

I also have a Linux file server keeping my feet warm, hidden out of sight.

Thanks MFB. Figured I would go out if it has to last me another 10 years.
27" i Mac
3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8 gb ram
1tb hard drive
And Radeon HD6970M 1gb video card

Thanks MFB. Figured I would go out if it has to last me another 10 years.
27" i Mac
3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8 gb ram
1tb hard drive
And Radeon HD6970M 1gb video card

I got the perspective wrong. You got yourself a beast of a machine there. Judging that my iMac is five this year and still runs very sweetly, you'll definitely get a few good years from your one. The oldest machine I have is from 1981 but the PSU failed. That's an old BBC Research machine.

Macs are very durable and well made. You've funure-proofed well there. I don't understand the pictures issue. I run the same update on my machines and there is no issue. Now get a good sound system and enjoy some movies on that screen.

No Blue ray though. :( It is not taking off like Sony hoped. Can you see scorches latest pics on your macbook ?

No Blue ray though. :( It is not taking off like Sony hoped. Can you see scorches latest pics on your macbook ?

Both of my machines view fine. I'm sure a BluRay player will be available as a peripheral at some point if necessary.

Both of my machines view fine. I'm sure a BluRay player will be available as a peripheral at some point if necessary.
I think Blue Ray might be dead like HD, before they have to worry about it. I think they are banking on it.

I think Blue Ray might be dead like HD, before they have to worry about it. I think they are banking on it.

I just wish that record companies would use DVD or better for releasing albums. CDs have been outdated for at least a decade now in terms of audio quality.

The last time I saw a BluRay it made a marginal difference on a 40 inch screen. Paying twice as much for that doesn't appeal. It would be useful as an optical storage medium though.

I just wish that record companies would use DVD or better for releasing albums. CDs have been outdated for at least a decade now in terms of audio quality.

The last time I saw a BluRay it made a marginal difference on a 40 inch screen. Paying twice as much for that doesn't appeal. It would be useful as an optical storage medium though.
I have a 110" screen and a HD projector, and it makes a big difference in quality from DVD to Blue Ray. I was dumb enough to buy the xbox HD player hoping HD would win. Luckily I only bought 2 HD movies before Blue Ray won. Blue Ray is also great for video games.

It would make a difference there. The issue for many is the entry to the market being so high. DVD was a much more significant shift, BluRay is incremental. When I can afford a big enough screen, a high quality player and Blade Runner:The Final Cut on BluRay something new will have come to market.

It would make a difference there. The issue for many is the entry to the market being so high. DVD was a much more significant shift, BluRay is incremental. When I can afford a big enough screen, a high quality player and Blade Runner:The Final Cut on BluRay something new will have come to market.
Quit replying, I am trying to catch up to you. :) Just kidding. Yes for most people I talk to, including my wife, Blue Ray is not worth the jump. I am pretty anal, so any little improvement in quality is worth it for me. Time for me to get my Blue Ray copy of Gladiator. That is my all time favourite.

I switched to Macs about 7 years ago. IMHO they are so much better. But I mustn't antagonise the PC-heads. They can get quite vociferous.

Cheers
Davo

Wait a minute, There are other computer manufacturers besides Apple?
Who would want to own a computer that isn't made by Apple?
That would be like owning a drumkit that wasn't made by Mapex!

Apple fan man here also. I own a few of them and like playing with Garage Band and it works wonders for my photos.

Wait a minute, There are other computer manufacturers besides Apple?
Who would want to own a computer that isn't made by Apple?
That would be like owning a drumkit that wasn't made by Mapex!
You sound smarter and smarter every day buddy. :)

Back