Tony Williams

MntnMan62

There was only one Tony. Nothing more you can say.

I was fortunate enough to catch this very band at The Village Vanguard. Can't remember the year. Unfortunately some imbecile decided to take pictures with a flash after the general announcement beforehand saying it was prohibited. Tony eventually stopped playing, took the mic and started to talk about people ignoring simple requests. The more he talked, the more angry he got. Eventually he got so ticked off that he just said screw it and ended the set right there and walked off the stage with the band. Needless to say my friend and I were extremely upset. Tony was incredible to see live. He was a complete animal behind the drums.

fabiodrummy

This is a drums-solo in a Latin - beat 'style'.,!!. '' Roland Hanna, p ,Trio,,Ron Carter ,Tony Williams,dr,1984.. Live Jazz festival in Terrassa .. Spagna.. on 1984.. with ''Super Trio'' .RON CARTER.cb., TONY WILLIAMS.dr , very , very ..RARE ,Live jazz-session,, t.52 ..vd1030 ,, e-mail., , fabiodrummy@gmail.com
-

There was only one Tony. Nothing more you can say.

I was fortunate enough to catch this very band at The Village Vanguard. Can't remember the year. Unfortunately some imbecile decided to take pictures with a flash after the general announcement beforehand saying it was prohibited. Tony eventually stopped playing, took the mic and started to talk about people ignoring simple requests. The more he talked, the more angry he got. Eventually he got so ticked off that he just said screw it and ended the set right there and walked off the stage with the band. Needless to say my friend and I were extremely upset. Tony was incredible to see live. He was a complete animal behind the drums.
Great drummer, but from what you said looks like he was a "diva" too...