tom "slack" sound..! help.!

i have purchased evans ec2 coated on my swingstars tom 12" and 13"

i use remo O-rings too.

the thing is.. i tuned the heads to the perfect sound i desire for., even O-rings helped me to get rid of ringings.

but when i play quick strokes on toms..
like.. imagine u playing a flam on the 12" tom.. or 13"..

its like.. the first stroke of the flam sounds more than awesome.. as it should..

but the 2nd stroke. sounds like,. as if the head is torn.. or its too slack.... just totally undesirable sound.. that pokes in ears.. and totally different for the first hit sound.

well.. is it Ok.. and happens wid everyone..? or is it an error?

Not being able to hear them, my guess would be that one or both of your heads are too loose. Check out the resonant head first. If it has wrinkles, it's probably too loose. Are you sure that the Remo rings aren't the source of the unwanted vibrations? Take them off and see if you still hear the problem.

I believe ec2 heads are two ply. If the heads are too loose, you could possible be hearing the plys vibrate within each other.

Dennis

well.. it took me about 4 hours for each tom to get the desired sound and sustain.. heads dont seem to be too loose.. the batter merely moves inwards when pushed with finger descently. and the reso is too tight. sounds like a timbale when hit.

well.. its thee same without the O-rings too.. its like..

1st hit has the designed sound.. and the 2nd hit sounds more like.. the head is tooo tight.. it gives a turned off snare kinda sound.

hope it makes me clear.

please suggest what to do.

Back