Tom Jones...

Just went last night and saw Tom Jones here in detroit... Was a good show, his voice still sounds great (had to warm up a bit then started hitting some things i thought he wouldn't be able to at 78..)

The drummer had an interesting setup, 2 dw kits one forward one 90 degrees to the left so he could just turn to either one for different songs.

And of course i had a woman behind me that for some reason found it better to yell her conversation with the guy she was with rather than leaning in... Leave your hat on starts "I can sing this better than him!" And proceeds to sing along totally off key and horribly.. some people i just want to take a hammer to.

Mainly posting this cause i'm bored.. and in case anyone is a fan try to catch the show.. the tickets are really inexpensive also :)

P.S. he also did what a wonderful world and sitting on the dock of the bay, both songs i had no idea he does.

Mom loved him...dad....not so much. Lol...

Personally I think he had the best voice of his time and I find him much easier to listen to than the Sinatra, Bennet type guys...

Loved his showmanship too-great arrangements, great voice great energy...

It's most unusual for a thread on TJ to surface.

(see what I did there?)

Tom performed here back in the 80's. My 'lil brother had a limousine biz and he chauffered him from the airport to the show and back again. He said Tom was a cool, down-to-earth sorta fellow.

He also did the same for KC, of the Sunshine Band. He said KC was an asshole.

Tom performed here back in the 80's. My 'lil brother had a limousine biz and he chauffered him from the airport to the show and back again. He said Tom was a cool, down-to-earth sorta fellow.

He also did the same for KC, of the Sunshine Band. He said KC was an asshole.

I am a huge TJ fan (at 48 i was one of the younger people at the show sadly) and everything i ever see of him is just class and the nicest guy.. I could see KC being an ass though..

Mom loved him...dad....not so much. Lol...

Personally I think he had the best voice of his time and I find him much easier to listen to than the Sinatra, Bennet type guys...

Loved his showmanship too-great arrangements, great voice great energy...

Moms do love him :) For the time i'm more of a Dean Martin fan.. but for a living singer i can see today.. TJ was about it for me... Singing along to Delilah live is about the best thing ever.

I could see KC being an ass though..

He also chauffered Cheech and Chong. Guess what he said about them?

They were super-cool.

I reluctantly took my wife to see him about 20 years ago, and although TJ directs his attention to the women in the audience, I found him to be very entertaining. His voice was superb AND strong! When introduced he walked out and simply said "Good evening ladies.", then did Prince's "KISS". That got the ladies going for sure.

I reluctantly took my wife to see him about 20 years ago, and although TJ directs his attention to the women in the audience, I found him to be very entertaining. His voice was superb AND strong! When introduced he walked out and simply said "Good evening ladies.", then did Prince's "KISS". That got the ladies going for sure.

Yeah.. he's still pretty much the same.. cept kiss was the second song in the encore of 3... He told some cool stories bout elvis and stuff.. and between songs just randomly sang "Detroit" which isn't in his set but he did it alone since he was here.. which is cool.

Back