tom head to snare head?

C.M. Jones

Do you mean, "Can I remove a batter head from a tom and place it on a snare?" If so, the answer is yes -- as long, of course, as the diameters of the two drums are identical. There are, however, certain heads I might use on a tom that I'd never place on a snare, a Remo Clear Pinstripe being the first example that comes to mind. Only you can make such decisions for yourself.

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
Is this a collar issue? I've never tried so have no idea.
Yes. Bass drum heads need a larger flat surface for the hoop to rest on, while tom/snare heads need something narrower to fit under the triple-flange hoop.

With the 16" bass drum explosion you'll notice many head manufacturers now offer 16" TOM bass drum heads for small bass drums that use a triple flange hoop.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Yes. Bass drum heads need a larger flat surface for the hoop to rest on, while tom/snare heads need something narrower to fit under the triple-flange hoop.

With the 16" bass drum explosion you'll notice many head manufacturers now offer 16" TOM bass drum heads for small bass drums that use a triple flange hoop.
Ah okay, that makes perfect sense, thank you.

iCe

Years back i had a clear Remo Pinstripe on my snare and worked well (parents got me that one since i broke snare heads pretty often due to bad technique and having no idea that equal tension is important). As long it's the diameter of the snare, any head will fit.