tom arm help

diosdude

Silver Member
Do any brands/ manufacturers use a 1" tom holder?

s2kdave

try gibraltar hardware. They make many different types. I believe you are looking for the pearl style tom holders which I think are 7/8"

diosdude

Silver Member
Yeah, i want a pearl style arm but the tom mount i have is for a bass drum and i saw the same one on ebay, it says it's a 1" receiver which is correct because my 7/8" pearl arms are too small. I was thinking about getting a bass drum and turning it into a gong drum and suspending it with 2 tom arms on opposite sides of the shell, but i need to find 1" Pearl style arms. I looked for a Gibraltar one on musicians friend already, didn't see any for any brand.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Ludwig used to make a 1" tom mount in their Modular line. Search the threads for "Ludwig Modular" for more info, we just had a discussion on this line a few weeks ago.

s2kdave

What about looking for an 1/8" grommet reminiscent of the black plastic tabs that go inside the fittings on DW stands? That could be another option.

frank0072

Gold Member
You can use two Tama style tomarms, like I did with my old Rockstar kick on this picture.

Attachments

• Gong.jpg
    Gong.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 111

diosdude

Silver Member
Ludwig used to make a 1" tom mount in their Modular line. Search the threads for "Ludwig Modular" for more info, we just had a discussion on this line a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the tip 20202020

alparrott

Platinum Member
I created a facebook group for my events. Though I still want to be able to schedule events through the WizKids website, so more people will know about it than just the few I tell. Whatever the functionality is, Ill deal with it.

Um, this was pertinent to the conversation how...?