Todd Sucherman here!

Zickos—

I hope you made it out to the clinic and that you had a fun night!

Cal—

Both my DVDs are region free, as it were. They have shipped all over the world for years and I would have heard if there were any problems. So, you’re cool! You can get them, and autographed copies if you desired at my web store at Toddsucherman.com. Thanks! And thanks for the kind words!

Dominick—

Yes, I was recently using a combo in the studio (4 crashes at a time) that consisted of Legacy 17”, 20” 22” and Artisans that were 18”, 20” &22”. They recorded so beautifully. And Sabian will make anything you want. You don’t have to be an endorser to get 22” Legacy or Artisan crashes. That’s one ting that’s so cool about Sabian…they’ll make the customer whatever they want.

Cheers,

Todd

Dominick—

Yes, I was recently using a combo in the studio (4 crashes at a time) that consisted of Legacy 17”, 20” 22” and Artisans that were 18”, 20” &22”. They recorded so beautifully. And Sabian will make anything you want. You don’t have to be an endorser to get 22” Legacy or Artisan crashes. That’s one ting that’s so cool about Sabian…they’ll make the customer whatever they want.

Cheers,

Todd

Great to hear you loved them. Oh, I know about the Custom Shop and custom orders - have a few of them myself. Was just talking in general terms - Sabian is at the top of my list when it comes time. I believe in their mission, values, and of course, product, so much more than any other cymbal manufacturer.

Here's a pic from the sessions...(hopefully this works...I'm at a hotel with super slow internet.)

Attachments

• Red Storm.jpg
    Red Storm.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,510
Zickos-

Hey, fantastic! You should have mentioned this forum. Nonetheless, great to have you out.

Gruntersdad—

That’s from Blackbird studios in Nashville.

And cheers from Toronto,
TS

I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your clinic/performance at Sweetwater Gearfest. My guitarist buddy who went with me was very impressed with the presentation, and I was inspired to try to change a few things up after watching you play. I've brought my snare drum up a little to about even with my belly button (could be problematic if I don't stay away from pie and ice cream and my stomach starts shifting south!). It's taking some getting used to but I can see that in the long run it will help my balance and consistency. Your control of dynamics and the musical choices that you made were very inspiring. Thanks for a great hour!

Hi Todd. Thomas once again here. As Simon Phillips said: "The minute when the music stops being fun, you should stop. Because you need every ounce of fun in this bussiness."

Ahh...Someway along the way the music, playing drums and hanging out with musicians stopped being fun. Reason? I wish I know one. I think something is missing in my character. Yes...I have a ADS (anxiety-depression disorder). But me doctor says: "That's not the reason you are not enjoying your hobbies." So what is it?

Before, drums were so exciting and playing with anyone, ANYONE, was Christmas. Now...everything seems like it has no future. Every band with which I tried to coexist has some sort of problem. What sort of problems: lack of direction, lack of friendship, lack of simplicity, lack of positivity... Here was I trying the be positive, enthusiastic and friendly and none of it came back. NONE OF IT! NONE!

So here I am. Once again, alone with my thoughts. Is the problem in me? Am I the one who destroyed all those bands when i just said: 'Guys, I'm done. This is not working.'

As I look back I see 2 things. One, as a kid I was just enjoying to play music and there were no thoughts on is this band or music going to have any future. And two, after a turned 20 I started thinking:" What's the future of this? Are we gonna' get gigs? Let's try to make I bussiness out of it." And something obviously really wrong happend along the way...

Sorry for being so complicated and philosophical...but those are the best words I can put it...

Any thoughts, Todd...

Luddite—

Thanks for the kind words and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed my segment at Sweetwater’s Gear Fest. It was certainly fun for me. And if anything I did or said had a positive impact on you, all the better! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me and I wish you continued success and fun behind the kit.

Cheers!
TS

Thomas—

Anything can become work or a chore. I’m sure the Sultan of Brunei wakes up feeling bored and melancholy some days, so shake it off. But if you don’t love it, don’t do it anymore and wait for the love to come back. (Do you think you’ll like sitting at a desk doing the same thing over and over?) If you have an issue with the guys you’re playing with then start your own band where you’re the boss….maybe try that?

No one can help you with this issue ultimately. It’s entirely up to you. Maybe full time is not for you? Maybe fun gigs on the weekend but you do something else for your livelihood? You have to ask your self many questions and seek the answers, but it’s all within you. And I wish you luck and happiness.

Cheers,
TS

Huge fan Todd. Just picked up my tickets for March 31st. Looking forward to seeing you guys at such a small venue! What a treat...

Thanks, man....hope you enjoy it and have fun!

Cheers from Montgomery, AL

TS

Put in a good word to add Superstars for that night Todd! Thanks for the reply, see ya on 3/31/17 Escanaba MI!!!!

Great Show last night! I was hoping to hear Superstars, or the 17 song medley. Oh well it was great anyway! Thanks Todd!

Thanks!

Hey, if anyone lives in Lexington KY I'm doing a clinic there on April 19th and then one in Nashville on April 20th.

Cheers!
TS

Hi Todd
I,m impressed with the size of your kit, plain and simple. I would be lost behind it for sure, only because I'm a "club drummer" having done hotels and small clubs for 45 years in the old days.
My question; would you feel ok playing behind a 4 or 5 pc kit and 2 or 3 cymbals, or would your balance be out of wack?..I know your show needs the massive kit for the visual, and as good a drummer as you are, I was curious if a small kit would work for you?

Continued success.

Back