to those 18'' and 20'' bass drum owners!

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
Ive go 18x15 Oak and it beats all my previous kicks (Maple, Birch, RC and PHX) except its 20" countpary unmicked, but that s no problem since its less weight to carry.

So if you wont play a bonham style or unmiced when your bandmates do, go for 18" and go for Oak.

ecpietscheck

thankyou all for your answers, lads
youve made realize 20" as much more versatile size, ill go take a look at my local guitarcenter and sam ash stores then
what id like to find would be 20x16, 10x7, 12x8, 14x10... thatll be more than good...
hopefully my budget can buy something like that...

bbuduliss

I own both. A 18x20 RMV exclusive custom Purpleheart and 16x18 Premier Genista (original, not reissue).

If you want to have more versatile drum buy 20" because 20inch drums can be used in most musical situations. Metal, Rock,. Pop even JAzz etc Also 20" is a "fast" size. It is easier to play groups of fast notes on 20" than on a bigger drum, but that is not important coz you don't like bigger sizes

My 18" bass drum does it's best in highier tunings with no dampening and w/o hole in reso head. It's very responsive, dynamic drum but it wont give you attack. It's for you to decide. I can tune my 20" RMV quite high also so, my suggestion is 20" :)

If any questions I'll be glad to compare sound specs of my bass drums

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
thankyou all for your answers, lads
youve made realize 20" as much more versatile size, ill go take a look at my local guitarcenter and sam ash stores then
what id like to find would be 20x16, 10x7, 12x8, 14x10... thatll be more than good...
hopefully my budget can buy something like that...
Oh dear, you said "SamAsh" and "Guitar Center". Make sure they understand that sizes other than 22" actually exist! If they try to sell you something they have in stock rather than what you want re-educate them. Just ran into this issue at my local GC the other day....