To slosh or not to slosh?

Solid, Andy. Sloshed, or Un-.

Thanks Abe :) Remote access this week :(

Not my usual playing, & literally just a few minutes into trying the song, just to see if it works for us or not. We have a multi track tryout quite often.

Anyhow, my sloshing decision on this video clip is simply because I hadn't had time to think of anything better. I'm "winging it" :) (as usual)

The hihat is the only instrument we have that we are able to control the length of the note . My as well use it all (play on the bell, click , sharp , slight slosh, heavy slosh, sizzle , you name it )

Yeah Andy, I especially love the half time sloshed hats, really drives the pulse and gives the impression of really pounding the kit in an arena. Let the guitar players wear themselves out chucka-chucka-ing away.

Yeah Andy, I especially love the half time sloshed hats, really drives the pulse and gives the impression of really pounding the kit in an arena. Let the guitar players wear themselves out chucka-chucka-ing away.
Yes, let them take the fast 8's for a while eh! :) :) :0

Just a brief practice ditty. Not played it before, & not really my style either. I'm enjoying band practices on a 4 piece though ;)

I was a big slosher in the '60s and '70s, but then I went on the wagon.

Actually, these days the only time I even play my hats is when I'm playing big band swing, and then usually for only the first and last chorus of certain old standards.

Maybe it's because I'm getting to be a pretty old standard myself.

Back