Titled Cymbal

theuntitleddrummer

Hey guys I'm really concerned about my AAXplosion Crash because it is tilting when i play it especially when it is crashed. I think the reason is that because there is a dent near the hole that makes the cymbal uneven on the stand. What should I do?
EDIT SORRY GUYS THE TITLE OF THE THREAD SUPPOSED TO BE *TILTED CYMBAL*
IF A MOD CAN RENAME IT FOR ME THANKS!

Last edited:

joshisaces

Gold Member
Well, you're actually have to have your cymbal tilted to somewhat degree. Whichever makes you comfortable. I just feel bad for the cymbal. Does it affect the sound?

I have my cymbals tilted slightly, but they're low so it all works out.

Solaris

Silver Member
What exactly do you mean by 'tilting'? Is the cymbal coming to rest at a certain angle once it is hit?

I think I may know what you're talking about. It's not so much the cymbal being out of shape than it is the felt that is sitting on. Almost all my bottom felts have a 'low point' so to speak which makes the cymbal sit at an angle regardless of the angle of the cymbal stand. It's nothing to worry about, really only an aesthetic issue. Try making sure the low point in the felt is pointing towards you if anything.

R Furb

I think I may know what you're talking about. It's not so much the cymbal being out of shape than it is the felt that is sitting on. Almost all my bottom felts have a 'low point' so to speak which makes the cymbal sit at an angle regardless of the angle of the cymbal stand. It's nothing to worry about, really only an aesthetic issue. Try making sure the low point in the felt is pointing towards you if anything.
I've been having a scary problem with my 20'' Sabian vault jazz ride where after I have been riding on it for a short amount of time and the cymbal has really opened up it makes a jingling noise. Yesterday I finally realized it wasn't the cymbal it was the stand, so I took Solaris advice and made the low point on the bottom felt face me (towards the ground) and sure enough no more scary rattling. Saved me from thinking I had a ride to replace and it saved me from crying myself to sleep at night.

Just thought I'd derail the thread and share my success story. Thanks Solaris!

P.S. I'm using a crappy old mapex stand from years ago