Tips in learning w/ drum covers?

Nuzki

Im trying on learning some songs with drum covers I find in youtube etc.. but are there any tips/tools that can help me since I never did this approach before as I usually just rely with notes or videos that actually shows how a certain song is played

Thanks as always guys

It's a good idea to listen to the track a couple of times and if make small notes for reference purposes. Then put the track on a loop (or just press play) and practice the song from end to end a couple of times. Don't worry about individual sections, the main thing is to get the feel of the song initially. When you're up to speed, listen to the track a few more times and take more notes. This will really help you get into the nitty gritty. After that, keep practicing. If you find there are really difficult sections to play, turn off the music and work on those independently, but always come back to play that track and practice things from end to end, because when you're on stage, a small inconsistency might go unnoticed, but if you screw up the feel of the song, you're in trouble.

Im trying on learning some songs with drum covers I find in youtube etc.. but are there any tips/tools that can help me since I never did this approach before as I usually just rely with notes or videos that actually shows how a certain song is played

Thanks as always guys

"videos that actually shows how a certain song is played."

You don't know how good you got it.

Even if the player doesn't get the song verbatim 100%, these vids show 'a way' you can pull off a song and at best they -can in one second- show you the correct way (if) to pull off a lick/phrase you might otherwise be struggling with by just listening to the original audio.

Back