Tips for cleaning scratch marks off of a DW aluminium snare?

Jasperdrummer

So, I'm back asking a similar question regarding my DW aluminium snare. How these marks got there? I have no idea. I do take care of my gear. But my guess is that the hoop is rubbing against the shell. I've had trouble with the drum since the day I got it. It's not under warranty anymore unfortunately & I bought it at a good price because it was on sale at the time.

So, the scratches have taken off some of the initial texture. Windex hasn't seemed to work with removing the markings. Any ideas?

SYMBOLIC DEATH

I would think they wouldn't be visible once the heads and hoops are on. It looks as if the counter hoops of the head was rubbing, or the head had to be forced onto the drum. Is the drum out of round?

Jasperdrummer

I would think they wouldn't be visible once the heads and hoops are on. It looks as if the counter hoops of the head was rubbing, or the head had to be forced onto the drum. Is the drum out of round?
Honestly, it looks as though one side of the drum is out of round. But I could be wrong. Upsetting if this is the case because I've taken care of it. Do you have any advice on getting the marks off at all? Thanks.

KamaK

Platinum Member
Looks like the poly coat got scraped off.

You can't get those marks off, as there's nothing to take off, the poly on the surface is gone.

You might be able to find out exactly what was used to coat the drum and re-apply it on the marred bits.

Bayou23

Looks like the poly coat got scraped off.

You can't get those marks off, as there's nothing to take off, the poly on the surface is gone.

You might be able to find out exactly what was used to coat the drum and re-apply it on the marred bits.
+1