Time Manipulation Drum Book

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I will be present at the UK Drum Show in Manchester, on September 29-30.

I will have a limited number of copies of the book with me and you will find me co-habiting on the Guru Drums booth in the foyer.
Thanks to our dear friend Andy Crosby! Come and meet us!
http://theukdrumshow.com/show-news/meet-the-author-alain-rieder-time-manipulation-drum-book/

My pleasure Alain. It's my last show representing Guru Drums, & whilst the Guru booth is always a fun & sharing place to be, this year especially will be a social focal point :)

Alain Rieder

Silver Member
My pleasure Alain. It's my last show representing Guru Drums, & whilst the Guru booth is always a fun & sharing place to be, this year especially will be a social focal point :)
Andy, last year I thought I would come at the show when my book would be released, and this year I just forgot about it until I read your recent announcement.
When I read it I thought that there was a bigger reason to participate this year!
I'm grateful and I look forward to meeting you and everybody else as well!
I'm sure it's gonna be great!

Alain Rieder

Silver Member
Here is a link to an article that I wrote in 1998, but I recently added a video to illustrate the concept.
This is Exercise 1 from my Time Manipulation Drum Book (page 22), played with Polyrhythmic Ostinato 1 (page 127).
In this video example, I played each pattern 4 times, before moving on to the next one, and I added ghost notes.
An excerpt from a recording of Andy Newmark with John Lennon illustrates the article.
Listen with headphones, to hear the bass drum part, this is a little tricky!

Polyrhythmic Ostinatos - Part 1

Last edited: