Ticking another grail off my list (and I'm not usually a Paiste fan)

fobz

The only bit of drum gear I've bought during lockdown is a (relative) bargain I picked up on Ebay and couldn't turn down, knowing I'd sell it for more if I didn't like it.
I first played a Sound Creation dark ride (original series 22") at Glastonbury 2016 when it was in a backline and after tapping it once I decided I'd use it rather than the ride I'd brought. I've kept an eye out ever since and have had the chance to play a couple of other sound creation rides (none of which I've liked). I know the new dimensions aren't quite as highly regarded, but this one sounds pretty great. I'd still prefer a 22" original series, but this one sounds incredible and will do very nicely until an affordable original comes along (which might take some time :LOL: )
I've done well with my grails over the last couple of years - both of my top kits and the three best snares I've ever played :) all I need now is for lockdown to end so I can actually play the bloody things :cry::LOL:

Paiste ride.jpg

toddbishop

Platinum Member
Nice catch. Solid medium-heavy 20. I had one of those, and let it go-- eventually I couldn't cope with the small bell. I've got a ND 22 that is very cool, though it's a complete beast, and a 22" 602 dark ride.

fobz

Nice catch. Solid medium-heavy 20. I had one of those, and let it go-- eventually I couldn't cope with the small bell. I've got a ND 22 that is very cool, though it's a complete beast, and a 22" 602 dark ride.
Yeah, I remember the bell on the 22" being spectacular...