Throw In The Towel

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
I just purchased four new Ultra Velvet Soft Microfiber towels to clean my drums and bass. I've never seen anything softer than these. They're best used dry to clean and polish. 16" X 16". Under $4 per towel.

Thought I'd "throw in the towel" for everyone here. Link below is my vendor for all things microfiber:

Attachments

• UltraVelvetMicrofiber.jpg
    UltraVelvetMicrofiber.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 5
I use them for dusting furniture also. And cleaning guitars. My wife loves them. I didn't really care until we got together.

My truck is black. Drying it with a regular towel is a disaster from a fuzz standpoint. The microfiber towels are amazing. They leave next to nothing behind. They're perfect for drum shells too.

When a black truck is clean, nothing looks better. When a black truck is dirty, nothing looks worse. Keeping a black truck clean is an ongoing trial.

My truck is black. Drying it with a regular towel is a disaster from a fuzz standpoint. The microfiber towels are amazing. They leave next to nothing behind. They're perfect for drum shells too.

When a black truck is clean, nothing looks better. When a black truck is dirty, nothing looks worse. Keeping a black truck clean is an ongoing trial.
Totally understand. I've owned 5 black cars. They sure look nice when clean. I live on a dirt road so my poor car is always dirty. It gets washed and vacuumed like once a month, but it's a pretty futile endeavor.

'Any colour as long as it's not black', guys. Nothing shinier than a black car - but only on the day you buy it

I wash my truck once a week and wax it twice a year. But with winters in my region, forget it. There's snow on the ground October through April. The roads are festooned with filth. Auto grooming is an exercise in futility, but you still have to wash to avoid rust.

When a black truck is clean, nothing looks better.

Except a clean black car. ;)
I own 2 black cars and also live with snow. One car is a daily driver and the other more of a toy so it stays inside in the winter. I clay bar, buff and wax the DD in the spring and wax again before winter. I'm fortunate enough to have a large garage with a floor drain so I can wash it whenever I want in the winter to get the muck off of it, but like you said, it's a futile effort to keep it clean.

I wash my truck once a week and wax it twice a year. But with winters in my region, forget it. There's snow on the ground October through April. The roads are festooned with filth. Auto grooming is an exercise in futility, but you still have to wash to avoid rust.
Had a black surfboard once. I imagine its ability to melt boardwax to a zero viscosity liquid in seconds when exposed to American summer sun must be similar to the effect on human flesh of being placed inside a black vehicle. Life expectancy without aircon: 10 - 12 mins? Fully roasted and crisply browned in a pool of gravy - 30 mins. (Always allow to cool before serving)

I also have a black vehicle. I feel a blues song coming on.

Had a black surfboard once. I imagine its ability to melt boardwax to a zero viscosity liquid in seconds when exposed to American summer sun must be similar to the effect on human flesh of being placed inside a black vehicle.

When I took possession of my new Ford Transit Connect van I drove it straight home from the dealer and installed Dynamat sound dampening throughout the interior and doors and then installed Dynaliner thermal foam on top of the Dynamat throughout the entire van and engine compartment. It was the middle of August and I was working on my driveway in direct sunlight burning my hands during installation. After the Dynaliner was installed there was a massive difference in the interior heat (as in relatively little heat at all). My mechanic wanted to see my completed van so when I swung it by his shop he hopped in and said, "I can't believe this is a black vehicle! It isn't even remotely hot inside."

I also have a black vehicle. I feel a blues song coming on.

When I took possession of my new Ford Transit Connect van I drove it straight home from the dealer and installed Dynamat sound dampening throughout the interior and doors and then installed Dynaliner thermal foam on top of the Dynamat throughout the entire van and engine compartment. It was the middle of August and I was working on my driveway in direct sunlight burning my hands during installation. After the Dynaliner was installed there was a massive difference in the interior heat (as in relatively little heat at all). My mechanic wanted to see my completed van so when I swung it by his shop he hopped in and said, "I can't believe this is a black vehicle! It isn't even remotely hot inside."
As long as your insulation isn't flammable - job's a good 'un. ☀?

Sweet!! I've actually been looking for new ones & now I have a source. Thanks!!

Man I used to so obsessive about cleaning my car/truck, guns, drums, anything and everything. But now forget about it. I bought my used 2003 red truck about 5 years ago and still haven't washed or waxed it, my drums and cymbals covered in dust (though now I don't dust will be as big an issue as my basement was ). I like those microfiber rags to clean my sunglasses and glasses-that's about it. If you record a clean or dusty drum kit you'll find the dusty sounds better. LOL naw just made that buttcrap up I don't think it would make any difference.

Nice tip, thanks!

I use the brush attachment on my vacuum which means I can get the whole thing in minutes, except under the lugs... That area is perpetually dusty lol.

The funny thing is, absolutely NOBODY cares about your car or truck other than YOU. In fact if it's too nice and/or clean and shiny, they'll think nasty thoughts about you.

People are funny.

The funny thing is, absolutely NOBODY cares about your car or truck other than YOU. In fact if it's too nice and/or clean and shiny, they'll think nasty thoughts about you.

That's mostly true. However my dad was a funeral director: two hearses and four limousines. All spotless. Just sayin'.

Just be careful with the cheap microfiber towels (ala Harbor Freight) on gloss lacquer finishes. They can leave permanent swirls. I'd definitely recommend going the extra mile for a quality towel.

Back