Thread deletion option?

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Is there an option for the author to delete an old thread they created with this new software? Or jut a post?

Is there not a Delete word right under where you just typed this post? I have the admin. screen so I don't know.

Not that I see. There's only two words: Report Edit

Click on your Icon, white drums and see what is behind the gear icon

Well I somehow acccidentally managed to erase my Icon is about all I could accomplish (Lol).
When i click on the Ion, the gear no longer is visisble like it normally is when viewing a thread.
But no worries if's something that only Admin. can do.

Hi Jeremy

We don't want that the members have the possibility to delete their own threads - for obvious reasons:
If somebody doesn't like some answers and he deletes the thread, everything is gone.
So the only way is - as in the old forum - to ask a moderator/administrator to help and he decides about deleting the whole thread - normally no problem...

Gruntersdad: the gear icon is only for mods....lol..

Last edited:
How about locking a thread. Can we still do that?

Hi Jeremy

We don't want that the members have the possibility to delete their own threads - for obvious reasons:
If somebody doesn't like some answers and he deletes the thread, everything is gone.
So the only way is - as in the old forum - to ask a moderator/administrator to help and he decides about deleting the whole thread - normally no problem...

Gruntersdad: the gear icon is only for mods....lol..
Thanks for the help Gentlemen. Awesome forum as always...

If we could delete threads that were not our own, there might not be any threads here at all.

Back