Thoughts on these Ludwig snare drums

alparrott

Platinum Member
The top one is a Black Beauty, deep shell size, with tube lugs and a P-86 strainer. That is a very sought-after, top-shelf drum. It looks to be in incredible condition. These go for upwards of $500 for starters but often command higher prices.

The other is an Acrolite with the painted matte finish and a new-style P-85AC strainer. Not as valuable, but a drum with a solid reputation as a player's drum as it has the same aluminum seamless beaded shell as the famous Supraphonic.

Depending on what you paid for these, you might have pulled off the deal of the century.

charliedrummer

I'm curious to hear what you meant by "basement finds." Are these snares you recently purchased from someone else for a great price or are they something you bought awhile back and forgot that you had stashed them away in your basement until now? Either way, they're both quality snares, with the Black Beauty being a more upscale and expensive model than the acrolite.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
They aren't worth anything. I will dispose of them for you, at no cost to you. I will even pay shipping. I'm PMing my address :)

gdmoore28

Gold Member
"Check out these basement finds. They appear to be Ludwigs.

Are they worth anything? They appear to be in good condition."

You can take your tongue out of your cheek now, Mike. It was fun being spoofed like that, though. ;)

GeeDeeEmm

wildbill

Platinum Member
They aren't worth anything. I will dispose of them for you, at no cost to you. I will even pay shipping. I'm PMing my address :)

Ya - they're junk. The BB looks like it's been spray painted and it orange peeled.
I'll take that one, and you can have the Acro.

I kid, I kid - I like 13" snares, but I'd still love to have one of those BB's, even if it is a 14.

toonamike

"Check out these basement finds. They appear to be Ludwigs.

Are they worth anything? They appear to be in good condition."

You can take your tongue out of your cheek now, Mike. It was fun being spoofed like that, though. ;)

GeeDeeEmm
Hahahahaha! You caught me.

I did find them in the basement... my basement. I always love the valuation posts and amazing finds here and on Facebook. I have terrible luck finding anything amazing, so I made my own luck.

I found my Sweetwater card and 48-month, zero-interest financing. I waited three months for the BB.